What’s It Like At Liberty University Right Now? | Talking Points Memo

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300087
1 Like

My first guess…

19 Likes

Give me Liberty, AND give me death!

46 Likes

“Consistently,

consistently , leadership is overemphasizing the effectiveness of the measures they’ve actually taken and downplaying the significance of this virus.”

STOP killing MAGAts Falwell…
You know when Hell complains it needs additional space, it’s really BAD!

Snark aside, a MAGA & Virginia Pastor who downplayed Covid-19 just died from Covid-19!
So STOP spreading Covid-19 Falwell!

22 Likes

Well that was an area of Virginia that wanted to become part of WV

4 Likes

What’s It Like At Liberty University Right Now?

Libertarious.

Though not even universityish.

8 Likes

Even more of a preview of hell than ever?

7 Likes

Falwell was blackmailed into supporting Trump, and he’s being blackmailed to continue. Whatever is the nature of the #kompromat, it must be bad.

18 Likes

This story brings to mind a quote for the ages:

Who’s more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Young people are still developing their prefrontal cortex. I can pity them. Adults who place those under their care in harm’s way deserve to be shunned and reviled.

29 Likes

Ah, the Graham Principle at work, again…

13 Likes

Or indicted and convicted.

27 Likes

That cartoon is by a friend of mine, David Fitzsimmons, the cartoonist from my local paper, the Arizona Daily Star.

15 Likes

It could be that he’s just an asshole.

16 Likes

Such an appropriately named town for that university. I’d swear Falwell chose it just for that reason and would have had it renamed it that if wasn’t that already.

3 Likes

Liberty U students are being given the opportunity to die virgin, they will go straight to Heaven where they will be fucked by Falwell Sr…

10 Likes

Donald’s bump is much smaller than other countries leaders’ bumps! Other leader have huuuge bumps.

10 Likes

Lynchburg needs to build a moat around this insanity.

4 Likes

Darwin in action.

2 Likes

Liberty University This Morning:

23 Likes

Something to do with “Buff Pool Boys” and his wife, and Jerry Jr. “liking to watch”.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available