What’s It Like At Liberty University Right Now? | Talking Points Memo

“I think we have a responsibility to our students — who paid to be here, who want to be here, who love it here — to give them the ability to be with their friends, to continue their studies, enjoy the room and board they’ve already paid for and to not interrupt their college life,”
(emphasis mine)

Isn’t it obvious, this shit stain doesn’t want to have to give out refunds.

20 Likes

A student had to use a sewing machine at the university? Is that for a clothing design class or to teach women to be home makers?

6 Likes

Personnel in nearby hospitals should notify LU that they have religious objections to treating members of a death cult.

8 Likes

Liberty U. is an experiment in how much ignorance can be contained within a small geographic environment (except it won’t be contained unfortunately).

Let’s hope that the rest of us that do follow strict guidelines provide the necessary criteria as a control group to their experiment. The idea that the people that run that institution are willing to gamble with the lives of their student body only tells me that education really doesn’t rank very high or take place much at Liberty U. But, I kinda knew that.

12 Likes

Clothing design, you’re right:

Nearby, Ingrid Lindevaldsen, an undergraduate fashion major […] had to come to campus to use the sewing machines for one of her classes

2 Likes

This is an example of a herd self-culling.

7 Likes

Soon it will be rally-around-the-coffin…

Except it won’t be for support…

5 Likes

Give me librium or give me meth, or both…

9 Likes

Re: Liberty, Are we going to get a real-time re-enactment of the Athenian Plague where everyone rushed behinds the walls?

BTW, Falwell ain’t no Pericles but I do hope he suffers the same fate…

5 Likes

Obviously I did not read the article thoroughly. My brain has been scrambled.

4 Likes

“They joked about what it would be like to take the college’s gun-range classes remotely. ”

What would a Christian college be without gun range classes? Jesus said you can’t knock out the teeth of your slaves, you can’t break their bones.
But it doesn’t say you can’t scare the shit out them with your AR-15! Blam blam you infidels!

13 Likes

Not a symptom of the virus, as far as I know, so we’re all good.

1 Like

My brain has been scrambled because of the crisis. It is difficult to remember what day of the week it is. All routines have been erased.

9 Likes

The Gospel according to Bob Kane?

1 Like

Guaranteed: Falwell has to keep it open to keep the money flowing because he rapes the profits every year and is over-leveraged in his personal debts, so if he doesn’t kill these children, both he and his scam go under.

13 Likes

Bright side: Spring-cleaning will be that much easier.

2 Likes

America is the only democracy in the world that unfailingly confuses freedom with obstinate stupidity, greed and ignorance on a consistent basis.

At least we are consistent.

14 Likes

Props for TBITB reference!
OT when I saw the play in London, i was the only person in the audience who laughed at this line :scream:

2 Likes

Grifter Universities all have one thing in common…the diploma isn’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

13 Likes

If Falwell is so certain that returning to campus is safe, he should be on campus every day (elbow rubbing and hobnobbing) with the students. Is he on campus at all?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available