What’s It Like At Liberty University Right Now? | Talking Points Memo

5 Likes

There’a big market for modest bridesmaid’s dresses and prom gowns, I guess.

4 Likes

Honestly, my own son’s campus housing is still open and until his girlfriend comes out of quarantine, he’s still there. Three hours and no car is a much easier separation to respect than 20 minutes on the 803.

The only interaction with another student he’s had in two weeks was taking their stuff to a storage unit yesterday. Two of his apartment mates have moved out, and the other one is at her family’s home for the time being but keeping the apartment for the summer.

2 Likes

“What’s it like at NAMBLA right now?”

You might as well be “informing” us of that, TPM.

are they really this stupid? do they run into the path of oncoming traffic or trains???is Russian roulette a game they play??? i’m just asking for a friend.

2 Likes

To me, it’s the (sorta) college-educated crowd’s version of snake handling.

1 Like

Sadly, some of them are…

3 Likes

“I think we have a responsibility to our students — who paid to be here, who want to be here, who love it here — to give them the ability to be with their friends, to continue their studies, enjoy the room and board they’ve already paid for and to not interrupt their college life,” Falwell told the Richmond Times-Dispatch this week.“

He doesn’t want to (can’t afford to?) issue any refunds.

3 Likes

My brain kinda broke at the concept of a “fashion design” major at liberty university. What classes does she take? long skirts:themes and variations in a two-course sequence with unbecoming blouses through the ages?

2 Likes

Not even support to carry the casket(s).

2 Likes

The thing that gets me is that those dresses are really hard to sew - the parallel pleats on both the bodice and the skirt, the puffed sleeves. A lot of skill and time poured into something neither practical nor lovely. It’s heartbreaking

ETA: same deal with the hairstyles

2 Likes

I’m thinking JF jr. gets Russian money too. Franklin Graham too. The mega church leaders too.

Well, they’ve got a lot of time on their hands what with no tv and all.

1 Like

This is Evolution’s IQ test, and it’s pass/fail: The question: Are you intelligent enough to take in this information and as a result change your actions in order to maximize your likelihood of survival?

It’s obvious which list anyone who could flunk the IQ test low enough to be one of these people will be on.

When it’s over, we can stand on their graves and thank them for Making America Great Again.

My youngest son went there in ISAT. Got a great internship and job w Agilex right out the door, which fed him into Accenture. He now does security devops / android apps for a large, terrific (as in honorable), and secure company. Working from home now in DC area. ISAT instills a broad syncretic understanding of the sciences, as well as the skills to apply them in the real world – including how to communicate and do research.
Did I mention I love ISAT? https://www.jmu.edu/bsisat/index.shtml

1 Like

Jim Jones got in a lot of trouble for asking his followers to drink Kool-Aid. I wonder if Falwell will see any penalty for exposing his cult to coronavirus.

1 Like

Got no sympathy for these dumb fucks. Let them get what they deserve.

And Fitz is the only reason to read that rag.

Kool Aid, the beveage of choice at Liberty U:download-1

1 Like

The Arizona Daily Star was once a healthy local paper, and did some good reporting. The paradox- as information becomes freely available through the internet, the whole model of print newspapers is becoming obsolete and we are losing local news because the revenue from advertising and subscriptions is disappearing.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available