What New Madness Has Aileen Cannon Visited Upon Us?!

7 Likes

Easily in my top 20 films of all time. Check out the poster in my home theater.

3 Likes

That was not the problem. Hillary beat Trump by 2.9 million in the popular vote and Sanders by rather more in the popular primaries in the Democratic primaries as opposed to the caucuses.

1 Like

If Trump still holds the key, it will be because he coughed up the cash or the bond. That’s it. If I were inclined to gloat, I would have cause to do so either way. Your “confidence” shows that you don’t know any more about me than you do about Trump’s legal liability. Your confidence comes from the same well where Ms. Habba gets hers.

1 Like

Amen!

2 Likes

Reads to me like a play for further reconsideration on remand and then more appeal. Makes no effort to show that any of the acts charged are not “official acts,” just assumes they all are and invites remand if they decide something’s not. Will the Fascist Five play along? Probably!

10 Likes

All of this is accurate, and I have no doubt that Trump has always inflated his net worth. He may indeed be unable to turn his over-leveraged real estate into cash or securities. But I hope somebody is looking into the possibility that he is poor-mouthing the appellate court to both (1) wheedle a reduction in bond amount and (2) draw attention away from various attempts (previous and current) to stash whatever wealth he does have in less visible places. Both of these maneuvers are right on brand for him.

3 Likes

I always suspected my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. MacCleod, of unnatural congress with the Prince of Darkness.

8 Likes

The appellate court stayed a couple of the non-monetary peripheral rulings, most notably the prohibition on borrowing money from NY-chartered institutions.

6 Likes

What are the Vegas odds on this? After today’s ruling allowing Texas to thumb its nose on Federal Immigration law, wouldn’t this be the icing on the cake to seriously damage what’s left of the Constitution? Or is this going to be another ‘for now’ (immunity pertaining ONLY to TIFBG - Biden had better not step the wrong way once)?

1 Like

You read fast! I am still slogging through it but noticed it seemed to be hand waiving at the indictment and charges. While dismissal of the charges is preferable, an alternative of sending it back to Chutkan for more works is suggested. It could work.

4 Likes

Can’t we take comfort in that they are not sacrificing their classmates to Yog Sothoth or some other foreign elder god? (ed.)

2 Likes

If he lived in your neighborhood , you know all the kids would be told to stay away from the Tuberville house!

5 Likes

I skim fast and I know what I’m looking for.

4 Likes

More of his puffery. That’s it.

1 Like

" the couple is suing to keep the Sarasota Police Department (SPD) and State Attorney’s Office (SAO) from releasing records they say could “cause great humiliation and harm to their individual reputations," reported The Daily Beast."

Sure. They’re such nice folks who would cut the same break for any of the people they’ve threatened, terrorized, vilified, falsely accused, and tried to sic their minions on.

10 Likes

The adult kids are moving to PA this summer, so that’s 4 blue votes there,
while we are going to still be in AZ this time - that’s 2 blue in AZ. I regret I have but 1 vote to give for my country!

6 Likes

7 Likes

That’s what I expected. They think they can just skate with the assumption that everything he did during the four years he was in office was an official act. It’s the the corollary to “If the President does it it’s not illegal”. Trump is claiming that If the President does it it’s official. In reality, if it’s illegal, then it’s not official. The law has primacy over the office. We’ll see what the SC does to avoid that fact.

3 Likes

From agolf twittler slayer

Who did this?:sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available