What New Madness Has Aileen Cannon Visited Upon Us?!

Morning Memo comes to you this week from Knoxville, Tennessee, where I’m checking in on my folks. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1483747
3 Likes

Chicken shit little puke
Lindsey Graham, visiting Kyiv, urges Ukraine to pass mobilization law (msn.com)
KYIV — Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) called on Ukrainian lawmakers Monday to quickly pass a mobilization bill that would make more citizens eligible to be drafted into the military, and he sharply questioned exempting men under 27 from the fight.

Graham called for the swift legislative action — even as U.S. lawmakers remain unable to reach their own consensus on aid for Ukraine — while visiting Kyiv, his first trip to the Ukrainian capital since he abruptly turned against a $60 billion aid package for the country last month.

72 Likes

sEConD!

16 Likes

OMG This great!
Mark Levin Gets Schooled On Why GOP Billionaires Will Not Help Trump (msn.com)
For the ones that can’t see the whole thing, a few snippets
https://twitter.com/BurtMaclin_FBI

70 Likes

About damn time
New Disclosure Rules Finally Required For All Federal Judges | Crooks and Liars
And look at the ongoing scandals it took to make the Judicial Conference do what they apparently could have done all along! Via Reuters:

March 18 (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court justices and federal judges can no longer avoid disclosing the value of travel-related gifts they receive by classifying such free trips as “reimbursements” on their financial disclosure forms under new regulations now in effect.

The regulations, announced by the federal judiciary late on Friday, follow revelations that conservative U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas had not disclosed luxury trips paid for by a wealthy benefactor.

81 Likes

‘We aint seen nuthin yet’. Mr. Trump is going to get worse for 3 main reasons: 1. His electoral strategy. Mr. Trump would probably like to chip away at and weaken the Dem base, but his laser focus is on keeping his followers loyal and energized. To keep them fired up and drawn deeper into his personality cult, Mr. Trump will continue to intensify his rhetoric. 2. He has nothing to lose. His only options this November are victory or ruin. He knows he is going down if he loses so he doesn’t care how much collateral damage he might cause. 3. Mental deterioration. As premier Trump channeler Joe Scarborough pointed out, “Trump is losing it”.

81 Likes

Enjoy Prison, Peter Navarro! | Crooks and Liars

39 Likes

‘Brother, can you spare 500 million?’ :slight_smile:

59 Likes

Another witch!
Pro-Trump Michigan attorney arrested after hearing in DC over leaking Dominion documents (msn.com)

An attorney facing criminal charges for illegally accessing Michigan voting machines after the 2020 election was arrested Monday after a hearing in a separate case in federal court in Washington, D.C.

Stefanie Lambert was arrested by U.S. Marshals after a hearing over possible sanctions against her for disseminating confidential emails from Dominion Voting Systems, the target of conspiracy theories over former President Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss. Lambert obtained the Dominion emails by representing Patrick Byrne, a prominent funder of election conspiracy theorists who is being sued by Dominion for defamation.

In a statement, the Marshals office said Lambert was arrested on “local charges.” A Michigan judge earlier this month issued a bench warrant for Lambert after she missed a hearing in her case, in which she’s charged with four felonies for accessing voting machines in a search for evidence of a conspiracy theory against Trump. Lambert had earlier, unsuccessfully, sued to overturn Trump’s loss in Michigan.

Expand article logo Continue reading

Earlier Monday, Lambert had acknowledged passing on the records from Dominion Voting Systems to “law enforcement.” She then attached an affidavit that included some of the leaked emails and was signed by Dar Leaf, a county sheriff in northern Michigan who has investigated false claims of widespread election fraud from the 2020 election, to a filing in her own case in Michigan. The rest of the documents were posted to an account under Leaf’s name on X, the social platform formally known as Twitter.

47 Likes

Why the F has Cannon not been removed from this case?? What can Smith do to make that happen?

46 Likes

20240319_Bloodbath

65 Likes

I’m asking the same Q. Lawyers, what would it take? Surely it’s obvious that she’s incompetent at this.

24 Likes

"This is where I would usually insert a brief (and incisive!) explanation of the legal issues, but that’s impossible to do here. It makes no sense.

It’s an utter mess and left legal observers flabbergasted."

One day people will no longer be flabbergasted at the reality Trump isn’t paying any appreciable, onerous penalties for his 5 decade crime spree. Peter Navarro sits in jail for thumbing his nose at Congress. Meanwhile, Trump flies around the country on Grandma’s pension money, exempt from consequences after flashing random strangers the nation’s secrets, from a bathroom at a golf club.

48 Likes

If Cannon is replaced, will that mean a long delay?

12 Likes

Frustrating reading, today’s MM is, but (for me, anyway, and except for the Cannon stuff) cautiously optimistically-frustrating.

20 Likes

I’m not flabbergasted. I’ve come to expect it due to the unprecedented nature of the whole sordid mess. But I’ve also prepared myself and relaize it will take a much longer time to get him good. That day is coming.

22 Likes

I cannot help myself…

" Trump Fails To Get James’ Bond", like all the other villains.

47 Likes

Peter Navarro Reports To Prison Today

34 Likes

At this point, I don’t think it matters. If she stays, she’s going to delay it until after the election.

20 Likes

I prefer “Trump In Bondage” :smiling_imp:

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available