What An Utterly Surreal Week In American Politics

In response to no one in particular, I would not shed a tear if commentators who constantly and loudly act aggrieved by every tech SNAFU here were to leave TPM and never return.

9 Likes

I believe they are mistaken.

1 Like

Less handwringing and more this.

https://www.rawstory.com/fetterman-project-2025/

and more puppy.

35 Likes

The winning strategy, in that case, is that he doesn’t campaign much at all. The need for All Hands and great surrogates is evident. Even if Kamala were to be made top of the ticket. We need to make this election about Ds against Rs…not Biden vs Chump. We need to energize all the races, coast to coast. We need to highlight what our politicians look and act like compared to theirs. We need to make abortion and SCOTUS reform the top billing. Joe needs to be very public about doing great things as President while others do the campaigning.

I would also venture that Joe should be taking the new SCOTUS immunity powers as Prez and pushing the line HARD. Show them what they bought, and make them eat it. That could be his campaigning.

45 Likes

Clarence and Alito in GITMO would be a great start.

16 Likes

I don’t seem to be the only one who can’t access MM Comments via the Hive. I got here today thanks to a link @castor_troy posted at a Topic @darrtown created this morning.

12 Likes

When there aren’t many comments it doesn’t seem to appear in the list. I use the search function and enter a couple of keywords from the title of the MM.

4 Likes

I had to come in through the Hive’s back door, too.

6 Likes

At least we, here at TPM, would never diagnose ailments that are beyond our ken from a distance.

He’s a fucking obsterician! When Joe is showing “signs” he can call us!

27 Likes

Someone posted Joe’s medical evaluation over the weekend. It noted that he has neuropathy in his feet but no MS or Parkinsons.

17 Likes

TPM has been made aware of the problem. I also let them know how frustrated so many of you are.

In the mean time –

33 Likes

From MM
Timothy Snyder
2. Coalitions are necessary.

15 Likes

All in on the coalitions, when are the Republicans going to join us against the Republicans?

…oh wait, those that will, have.

Darned two party system.

6 Likes

We have “parliamentary” voter blocs without a parliament.

8 Likes

We also have 2 parties that have created rules making it hard for additional parties to gain any traction.

11 Likes

“The Founders never could have foreseen….”

8 Likes

As I posted. I do not like doing it this way. It should be up to TPM to turn on the comment threads under their articles. And also I really do not enjoy being critical of TPM.

7 Likes

I got in through the back door -finally. This commenting system is broken.

3 Likes

Biden Dodges on cognitive test.

Be honest, you enjoy the challenge to your innovatory skills.

8 Likes