WH: Schiff’s ‘Price’ With Voters | Talking Points Memo

If Trump’s power was as absolute as what he is ultimately shooting for (his goal), this WH “clarification about the voters” would not have been issued.

Trump’s bluster and threats take a toll on most people. But he is not where he wants to be yet.

The faster we all come to the realization that Trump is a malignant fascist hellbent on dismantling this Republic, the more effective our actions against him will be.

He will attempt to amass more power as fast as he can and as dishonestly as he can.

And as much as how disconcerting are the GOP-subserviences-to-Trump have been since the House passed the Impeachment Articles, if Trump were an actual dictator with the power he aspires to, Schiff would not have been able to utter a syllable on national TV.

Nor would we, as citizens, would have been free of fear from Trump in expressing our opinions.

9 Likes

Heartless? Fascist? Complicit?

So many options. None of them even remotely flattering.

2 Likes

Yeah I was when I heard it too - just in shock. Hard to believe.

3 Likes

Exactly.

He was not talking about voters.

8 Likes

Bull and shit.

1 Like

In an actual ruthless dictatorship though, would a fool and a dotard like Trump actually survive as President? Wouldn’t he be replaced by someone either ruthless, or malleable?

2 Likes

He’s rarely on teevee and wingnuts have deep pockets. Big deal.

Fleischer lost his integrity and his reputation. He’ll never get that back.

3 Likes

My husband said LeBron had been tweeting about love and respect for Kobe this week as he neared and then surpassed (yesterday!) his scoring record. They both went to the pros after high school, and Kobe was definitely a role model for him.

4 Likes

Terrible.

14 Likes

We know life isn’t fair, but we keep being reminded.

11 Likes

Just a crappy awful day today. I’m going to go outside for a while and try to think positive thoughts.

7 Likes

Yeah he just passed his record and LeBron I know has practically idolized Kobe.

I just can’t believe it.

4 Likes

I thought she was Stalingrad Steph.

2 Likes

Also hopeful Bryant’s daughters were not traveling with him.

1 Like

Stephanie looks like Demi Moore’s brother in drag.

2 Likes

She’ll always be Drinkie to me.

4 Likes

Sadly, his 13-year-old daughter was reportedly aboard.

6 Likes

Yah. Trump the champ. What a joke. Like crap tweets make him a big guy.

If all of this weren’t so obscene, it might be funny.

6 Likes

Shit! There were rumors and I was seriously hoping not.

3 Likes

Counter-punching, in this case, would be litigating the impeachment case. The use of the term “counter-punch” creates an immediate false equivalency, hiding the fact that while one person played video clips, the other threatened a life.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available