WH: Schiff’s ‘Price’ With Voters | Talking Points Memo

Hours after President Trump tweeted that Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) has “not paid a price,” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham denied it was a threat during an interview on Fox News Sunday morning.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1286985
1 Like

O do us tell us more, Drinkie.

13 Likes

“The President speaks in a very unique way, he’s a counter-puncher,”

Hey Donnie, take Stephanie out back and “Get rid of her”.

11 Likes

Eew.

1 Like

Fun fact:.

“Fox News” in Russian is “Depravda.”

17 Likes

How can you possibly know what someone meant when you haven’t even bothered to ask them? Isn’t that step one?

None of us need Stephanie Grisham’s interpretation of a tweet by Trump. You may as well ask me my interpretation…at least, I can promise you I’m not drinking. And, believe me, I’ve suffered through enough of his tweets (Thanks, Jack) to get the gist.

18 Likes

How can you possibly know what someone meant when you haven’t even bothered to ask them? Isn’t that step one?

It actually says a lot that she hasn’t asked him. She wants to deny it was a threat and she thinks that there is a chance asking him would result in her not being able to deny that it was!

23 Likes

As usual, everyone knew what Trump meant by his (hardly subtle) comment and, as usual, all of his supporters are now spinning.

Real demonstration of republican strength of character on display for all to see.

8 Likes

And…right on schedule. Here she is, lying again.

15 Likes

Excellent point, though she’d probably just lie and bluster her way through.

4 Likes

This is a great stock photo of an employee that knows her boss is crazy and worries about what will come out of his mouth next all the while mentally composing her linked-in profile.

11 Likes

It’s been clear for a while that trumph is a mobster and a very sick person. But what’s the deal with all the people around him. Blind? dumb? stupid? This is as low as the public discourse has been in my lifetime (70 plus years). And it is continually enabled and excused by those who surround him. They will never live this down. They will never be forgiven.

14 Likes

Grisham said, “People put meanings behind what he said. The President speaks in a very unique way, he’s a counter-puncher, he’s saying what it’s on his mind.”

OK. So, we should not assume we know what he means (based on clear meaning, past history of threats, vile hatred and vindictiveness) unless we talk to him first to find out his true thoughts and meaning.

When Kurtz asked Grisham to clarify what Trump meant by saying Schiff “hasn’t paid the price,” she replied, “I haven’t talked to him about it yet,” but that she thinks “he means he hasn’t yet paid the price with the voters.”

Unless you’re the so-called press secretary and have to give false meaning to his words without talking to him first in order to clean up the mess.

Got it.

13 Likes

OT: Sigh…If you don’t comprehend this, I guess it means you’re just not rich enough.

8 Likes

No one believes Trump or his lying “administration” hacks like the drunkard Grisham. Trump is threatening Schiff.

Note, everyone, that GOPers who were SHOCKED at Schiff discussing a CBS report on what Trump lackeys threatened Senators with (“heads on a pike”) who vote to convict. Where is the outrage here with an actual threat from Trump himself to a member of Congress?

15 Likes

The President speaks in a very unique way,

I didn’t think being a belligerent idiot was unique.

(And you can’t modify “unique” anyway. Either it is or it isn’t.)

12 Likes

Schiff is in a safe D district buuuut,

Any excuse is better’n none!

7 Likes

So Trump saying the same thing about HER would be OK?

3 Likes

That’s what I said about Ari Fleischer, but he’s still on tv, and still pulls multiple paychecks and consulting fees.

3 Likes

You’re right Grisham would deny it anyway, but she also may be worried that drawing Trump’s attention to the issue will result in another tweet about “Shifty Schiff” wearing “concrete shoes”.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available