WH Reacts To Impeachment Articles | Talking Points Memo

President Trump and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney jumped at the chance to disparage House Democrats’ announcement Tuesday of two articles of impeachment.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267526

Let’s face it…the man is not only a criminal but he’s also an insufferable bore.

54 Likes

Show of hands …

Who was expecting anything less?

23 Likes

World’s biggliest victim.

32 Likes

Rep Ted Yoho-R-FL-announces will not run for reelection

26 Likes

Good Job Mick
Loyal Flunky tying your anchor to the sinking SS Trump
May it follow you the rest of your life
"Disgraced former “Acting” Chief of Staff
You’ll be able to say I spit on the constitution with No Shame

17 Likes

Everybody’s being SO MEAN to me! SO MEAN!! I’ll show THEM!!! Waaaaaaah

10 Likes

Yay.

Also read this, so there is good news to be had if one goes looking for it:

35 Likes

“Both the President & Foreign Minister of Ukraine said, many times, that there ‘WAS NO PRESSURE’.”

Hostage Taker: (“I am being treated well.”)
Hostage: “I am being treated well.”

Hostage Taker: (“I am free to leave any time I wish.”)
Hostage: “I am free to leave any time I wish.”

Hostage Taker: (“I am under no coercion to say anything untrue.”)
Hostage: “I am under no coercion to say anything untrue.”

56 Likes

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see Trump’s tirade at his rally tonight in lovely Hershey, PA. He will go off the rails within seconds of hitting the stage, I am sure.

25 Likes

Well he should be angry! Knowing that the dimmiecrats promised to impeach him before he was elected, before he was born actually, has seriously messed with his golf game.

Why even his vaunted foot wedge has not been able to keep his handicap from rising :golf::golfing_man:

16 Likes

Since when is it a thing to refuse to “go into the facts” about a situation? There’s plenty of weaseling out based on the refusal to respond to “hypotheticals,” but if you think it’s optional to respond to facts then I guess there’s really nothing you need to respond to at all.

35 Likes

Impeachment is not good for the guy getting impeached. This is a good day for our Democracy and for the Democrats’ 2020 prospects.

49 Likes

HiS iS goinG to baKfirE biGly on libtards. Witch-hunt oN us’s faVorite presidenT!

18 Likes

Josh’s piece strips away all the noise from these past months and lays bare the issues as they are:

This entire exercise comes down to whether or not a President can solicit bribes from foreign heads of state, whether he or she can demand that foreign governments intervene in US presidential elections to help them hold on to power. You either think that is okay or you don’t.

That’s all there is really, don’t become distracted by republican side shows and lose sight of this.

35 Likes

he needs to feel love badly. lol
his ego is flat lined this morning
so, he is headed for a self pep me up rally.
be funny if they booed the crap out of him with a whole lot of, Lock Him up

He going to need 20 bus loads of minions to counter the noise.
There on the way I am sure.

3 Likes

Since being a special kind of stupid became a qualification for working in the Administration of Current Occupant 45.

7 Likes

Right. So Mulvaney would LIKE to tell his side of the story, but he has to wait until Trump gives permission, which he won’t because Democrats are using impeachment as a political tool that denied Trump the ability to tell his side of the story; so he won’t let anyone even talk about it publicly. Sounds legit.

Why are these people so bad at this? Fleischer, Rumsfeld, and Cheney had the ability to make any reporter feel dumb for asking a question they didn’t want to answer, while these clowns act like guilty toddlers who just learned how to lie. That guy was dumbfounded that Mulvaney refused to address real issues or even let him speak, despite the softball forum. You can’t watch that and NOT think Trump’s guilty.

14 Likes

Testify under oath.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available