WH Reacts To Impeachment Articles | Talking Points Memo

I’m so not going to miss these regular Nurembergs when 45 is no more…

4 Likes

Mick Mulvaney jumped at the chance
Big jump lol

8 Likes

Well, we’re about to see half the Senate, equally bad at lying, turn their backs on America. That will leave us in a fun place, especially if MSM continues to call it that.

8 Likes

Trump is a bully. This is how a bully reacts.

It’s like being surprised when Mulvaney says something stupid.

10 Likes

Can’t even enjoy a choice cut of beef these days.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see how many defections Dems suffer in the vote of the full House. There will be zero GOP votes for impeachment. 15 defections can be tolerated, more than that and Pelosi fails. I’m sure the Whip has taken a head count by now, but there’s always the chance a bit of drama is yet to unfold.

3 Likes

When no one in the country, whether citizen, appointed official, elected official, government employee, or judge can hold an opinion at odds with the President and is pilloried if they do, that is textbook fascism.

18 Likes

Don’t forget UNFAAAIR!

6 Likes

I don’t think deadly self-immolation is part of his playbook… he’s willing to injure himself and his reputation but only up to a non-lethal point.

5 Likes

“us” is a reference to USA, not me!

Cheater sez wut?

4 Likes

I don’t think there will be many defections on the Dem side. I think even Jeff Van Drew might end up voting for an article of impeachment. Vote should be pretty similar to the vote count on the opening of the impeachment inquiry.

17 Likes

He told us long ago we’d get tired of all the whining…

11 Likes

Mulvaney refused “to go into the facts” and insisted that he was “not going to talk about the facts until the President tells me.” He later added, “If we’re capable of getting our shit together long enough to cobble together a bunch of lies that aren’t so laughable that a submental simian would roll his eyes so hard he could see his brain stem, I will have a staffer release a prepared statement.”

13 Likes

Hopefully he will have the big one!!!

There are always the easy “nays”, i.e. abstentions or just not showing up for the vote (sick Grandma, whatever).

Not a chance. she knows exactly the vote count minute by minute. There is no way she would even stub her toes on this move. Once the vote is done, she is free and clear for a job well done no matter what happens from that moment on.
defections? permission for 5 maybe 6 in tough districts.

5 Likes

Ahh, but didn’t you hear his explanation? This started as a political process, therefore everything about it is tainted and any oath he took would be an oath with the Devil and turn his honest and truthful words into lies and corruption. Just like what happens every time anyone defends Trump.

It’s like a magic curse that makes President CEO Jesus sound like a conman from a reality TV show every time he speaks. You just can’t win when reality itself is a perjury trap.

5 Likes

How soon until that fine line between excitement and incitement gets fully crossed at one of these rallies?
Trump’s pulling on a lot of hair-triggers with his fomenting, they’re all cocked and ready for the finger.
With just a slight variance in his message, he can fire the first shot.
Beware the cornered beast…

3 Likes

I don’t.

:zipper_mouth_face:

16 Likes

It will be interesting to read how many Americans Trump absolutely trashes to Sergei Lavrov today in their meeting. It might be closed door, no press, but word will get out. It always does.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available