WH Issues Vaccine And Mask Requirements As Delta Variant Prompts COVID Surge | Talking Points Memo

It depresses me that we are down to where this is funny-in-a-sick-sense.

9 Likes

Considering where some of them started, thatā€™s indeed cause for concern.

9 Likes

What could solve the entire problem is for the FDA to finally certify these vaccines, instead of continuing to dawdle through the EUA (or whatever itā€™s called, for the emergency release).

I think with some 70 million vaccinated, we have enough of a sample size to finally approve them. The military canā€™t do anything about enforcing the vaccinations until this happens, and many more might join the vaccinated world with the approvals.

Enough is enough.

10 Likes

On a far less significant note, this is the second time in the past week that Iā€™ve seen the White House and its grounds referred to as ā€œthe campus.ā€ Wtf?

1 Like

Republicans donā€™t have any IQ points to spare.

7 Likes

Yep, as soon as the mandate was gone were were at 100% maskless despite being 50% Vaxxed.

Even kids clearly not old enough for the Vax yet over 2 are maskless.

If people followed it, the previous guidance of the vaccinated being maskless and the rest not would be adequate.

3 Likes

What would like it to be called instead of campus?

Yes.

That would help. Bit we should not rush review. EUA is not new. EUA is a process set up to do what it has.

It is the same process as regular clearance but you are allowed to market early based on having checked 2/3 of the regular boxes. Safety being ensured.

For full clearance they need data over time. Sample size doesnā€™t change time.

We have learned a lot about what rules work and whT rules donā€™t . There will be update to FDA procedure. But it will be later. And that is proper.

4 Likes

With an R0 of 5 to 8, this is going to be really frickin fast. A lot of idiots are not going to know what hit them. Weā€™re seeing it already. Iā€™m planning to travel in fall.

2 Likes

Negative numbers or imaginary numbers?

1 Like

Iā€™ve mentioned before that I patronize one chain of grocery store, and there are 3 near me. The one I usually the customers were slowly shedding their masks. The second one has an older clientele, those customers were slower to shed their masks. Now the third one I went to on Sunday, this store has a nice mix of older and younger customers, it was only us oldsters that were in there wearing our masks.
St. Louis County reinstated a mask mandate yesterday. So of course thereā€™s fighting about it.

I swear at this point Republicans are actively being this stupid.

5 Likes

Itā€™s not just that theyā€™re idiots for being anti-vax.

Itā€™s that theyā€™re walking, respirating meatbag petri dishes cooking up the next, more lethal variety of COVID-45.

7 Likes

genetically

1 Like

When I hear ā€œcampus,ā€ I think school, corporate entity, or cult compound. This isnā€™t a hill I plan to die on, or even walk up a few steps, but Iā€™d rather hear ā€œgrounds.ā€

1 Like

And once your mind goes you can forget it!

3 Likes

Forget what?

8 Likes

I understand that. But to be honest, the idea of a break through infection is still intimidating considering our circumstances. I would rather play safe, be prudent and be capable of traveling for pleasure without the baggage. I can wait. But that doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t resent the hell out of the selfish loons that are forcing these decisions.

3 Likes

Itā€™s goddamned Stalinism, I tells ya!!!

I cannot wait for the breathless opinion of Macaroon Potato Groin about how this latest Biden atrocity will certainly kill tens of millions of patriotic Americans!

The store I went to today has roots in the organic and health food mentality. It is smaller, has an older crowd as well. It is not as crowded as our mainstream chain. I thought they might be more aware, but no.

I will need to go to the big chain store, which in the mornings was fairly sane. So that will be interesting as well.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available