WH Issues Vaccine And Mask Requirements As Delta Variant Prompts COVID Surge | Talking Points Memo

The FDA needs to move on this:
"Can the government or private business require that people get vaccinated?

Not at this time. The Federal Food and Drug Act states that, except for a narrow exception involving members of the military, vaccines approved for emergency use cannot be mandated."

That’s interesting. The same thing happened here in Seattle with our healthier-than-thou folks on vashon island - higher vaccination rates than the city itself (and they’re pretty good).

I have two theories:

1. Not getting vaccinated against COVID puts one in unpleasant company so it feels different than signaling the intensity of your parenting by “doing your research” about the MMR vaccine

2. Perhaps the persistent low childhood vaccine rates have trained local providers in better outreach techniques/ ambassadors that were able to be activated for the COVID vaccine. Places with generally high vaccination uptake haven’t need to practice persuasion as much and aren’t as good at it

3 Likes

Are you saying the drug has full FDA approval?

1 Like

You know what? I didn’t even go and watch the video linked here, a compilation of some COVID patients lamenting that they didn’t get vaccinated and vowing if able, they will go on a crusade to get others vaccinated.

https://www.rawstory.com/19-vaccine-2654213454/

Because I have already read dozens and dozens of reports about people who were sad and devastated by the disease and their own failure to get vaccinated.

You know why I didn’t watch the video? Because of the dozens of accounts I have read…most of them obviously dumb fuck RW voters who had an axe to grind…not one of them ever mentioned that why they didn’t get vaccinated was because of their stupid political beliefs. Not one of them admitted they were trying to Own The Libs. Not one of them admitted they had made a political calculation, the reason they DIDN’T get vaccinated was because of Chump or Biden or Pelosi or Qanon or any of that other pigshit. That tells you something. When it comes down to life N death, they are sorry. They were wrong. BUT NOT ONE will admit the real reason. Is that obstinancy or shame? Why is that?

I find it telling. They KNEW the political angle was bullshit and stupid. They KNEW that was for all the wrong reasons but they did it anyway. They are as sorry as sorry can be and had a real come to jeebus moment, but not one of them (or their grieving parents, siblings, etc) dare speak it’s name. They say “I never thought I would get it” or “I never thought it would be this bad” or “I listened to this, that, or the other which said it would cause abortions” and EVERY OTHER bullshit reason. But they won’t any of them, cop to the fact that they decided to go to war with the other half of the nation. The teachers, the librarians, the city slickers, them college boys, the Liberals, the Hippies, the Latte Sippers, the doctors, the scientists. They did this on purpose. And they STILL won’t let slip the darkest, deadliest, stupidest, most shameful and degraded state they fell to. And they still won’t vote D in the next election, I bet my life on it.

1 Like

Both of those theories make a lot of sense.

2 Likes

My impression was that it was via the “accelerated pathway”, you can read more here.

I hear there are two things you lose as you get older - one is your memory and I can’t remember what the other one is…

3 Likes

That would be a well placed bet. Indeed, these are people who will live under a bridge roasting squirrel on a coat hanger just as long as they know that those who they deem undeserving are suffering more than they are. There is no way to get through to them, so it’s not such a bad thing if covid takes them out.

2 Likes

Your glasses. I found that out the other day. Thought I’d pass it along.

Your glasses   : - )

2 Likes

Hmmm, you seem to be offering me a suggestion, but I can’t read it - if only I could find my glasses!

3 Likes

Indemnity release makes the vaccine manufacturers accountable for injury, side effects and long term complications. If the vaccine is really that safe FDA approval and release of indemnity is needed for many to “do their part”. If they can’t do that then they can’t make informed medical choices.

"Can the government or private business require that people get vaccinated?

Not at this time. The Federal Food and Drug Act states that, except for a narrow exception involving members of the military, vaccines approved for emergency use cannot be mandated."

Until the vaccine is FDA approved the government can’t mandate the vaccine. Full stop.

h/t @hmcody

5 Likes

Seek help if you may have suffered head trauma.

1 Like

Perhaps, but it can mandate that you can’t go here or there or do this or that unless vaccinated. You should have every right to not get vaccinated, just as you have every right to jump off a cliff. But you shouldn’t be able to go where others are, just as you shouldn’t be able to jump off a cliff above where people are.

The unvaccinated are stupid and delusional cultists, many literally mentally ill, others too stupid and gullible for words and cowards to the core. There is quite literally no good reason to not get vaccinated, or at least quarantine yourself until this is over. I give a rat’s ass about anyone who refuses to do either. Fuck those assholes.

2 Likes

is the alzheimer’s drug really phony?

1 Like

did you feel on top of your head?

Dang, you’re good - thanks!

Now, if I can just find my phone…

Au contraire. Forced vaccination dates back to the very foundations of this nation. George Washington inoculated his entire army against smallpox. We’re too cowardly to do it today, but a better and more just society would arrest the anti-vaxx miscreants, strap them down, and stick 'em.

4 Likes

Not a doctor!

But if you read the piece I linked to in post #130 above, not only did FDA approve it against the advice of its neurological drugs advisory panel, but the approval is based largely on faith in the mechanism of amyloid reduction as therapy for AD, which has so far not been borne out by the data.

Happy to be one day proven wrong about this, though!

i always say to that…your rights end where mine begin…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available