WH Dodges On Trump School Funding Cut

We had better learn something from this pseudo-religious attack on America. We are not returning to the ignorance fostered by these people.

7 Likes

Roger Stone can’t go to prison for fear of COVID-19, and Manafort and Cohen should be let out at once…but our kids, teachers, and international students must go to school!

15 Likes

“But he’s looking at potentially redirecting that to make sure it goes to the student, and it is most likely tied to the student, and not to a district where schools are closed,” McEnany said.

This is pure Besty DeVos speak right here. This something straight out her “school choice” ideology. This the money that goes to school districts is given to parents then they can then send their child to whatever school they want, public, private, religious private.

McEnany replied that the President “wants to increase funding and cares for education.”

And this part will not sit well with Republicans in general. Actually it shouldn’t sit well with anyone. Kaylie is seemly saying that Trump wants more federal funding for education, but where would that money come from, what is going to get cut to pay for this?

5 Likes

WH Won’t Say What Authority Trump Has To Cut Funding To Schools That Don’t Reopen

Who cares? As long as he trumpets it around September I’m okay with his strategy, which by then he’ll be pronouncing as STRA-chur-jury.

2 Likes

Je*** F**king **rist. They’re now going to use my tax dollars to pay stipends to rich kids and home-schooled fundies.

Please Vote!!!

6 Likes

Biden should immediately come out and say that on day one he will reverse whatever cuts Trump tries to implement, and make sure that the schools get all the federal money for the year that they are supposed to.

2 Likes

Karen Pence, the art teacher at a Christian school, that discriminates against the LGBTQ.

9 Likes

I sent my senator Portman this type of message just this morning

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1280961056261767168

ETA:. It’s basically learn the names of trump’s GOP Senate enablers and never forget.

10 Likes

This is the very definition of unfunded mandate. Who will buy the non-contact thermometer for each bus? It’s not just open says me.

2 Likes

My, I’m sure that’s some exquisite art.

“Color in the lines.”

4 Likes

This was today’s interview on Fresh Air.

What I took from it is white grievance; blah, blah back to Christian nation; and these folks don’t get their news from the mainstream news sources.

6 Likes

Of course he doesn’t have the authority to do this, and, as always is projecting about it being a political issue for those who want to ensure safety. If in-person group instruction is so vital to children’s well-being – and I agree it is preferable when safe – how do his supporters square that with all the home-schooled kids (pre-pandemic) that he would no doubt voice support for because it is often for religious reasons? Having said all this, I realize it’s a fools errand to look for any logical consistency much less sincere thought with this guy. Basically, he just says stuff and, if it gets a reaction, says it again and again. We should all just laugh at him and call him ridiculous whenever he opens his mouth or tweets.

14 Likes

Authority? We don’t need no stinkin’ authority!”

1 Like

Geishuntight

3 Likes

I would love to see lil Donnie remind Kindergartners to NOT put their entire mouths around the drinking fountain and keep their hands on their own box of crayons and keep them out of their mouths…;…;…

2 Likes

Experimenting with adults wasn’t enough of a catastorphy,now you want to do it with our kids. SICK !

2 Likes

McEnany then reemphasized that the President will push schools to reopen in light of “grave consequences” if students do not return to them in the fall.

Yep, “grave” consequences, all right.

1 Like

I just threw up - Mrs Q-tip is only an expert on homophobia and fake Christianity. Pharisee.

4 Likes

For those of you that think Trump may quit:

President Donald Trump is fully committed to winning reelection, he said in an interview published Wednesday, and believes Republicans need to get tough if they want to win in November.

“If the Republicans don’t toughen up and get smart and get strong and protect our heritage and protect our country — I think they’re going to have a very tough election,” Trump said in the interview with RealClearPolitics . With respect to winning his own race, he added, “I want it with all my breath, with every ounce of what I represent.”

And that’s a whole lot of fucking ounces.

2 Likes

Yeah and he always tells the whole truth, too.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available