WH Dodges On Trump School Funding Cut

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday wouldn’t specify what authority President Trump has to cut funding for schools that won’t reopen as cases of the coronavirus continue surging across the country.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319368
1 Like

Um, none.

35 Likes

Exactly.

15 Likes

It’s Donald’s DELUSIONAL AUTHORITY!

So are they also asking the students/parents to sign NDAs to indemnify Trump MAL-Admin?

This is Trump…exposing and potentially killing essential workers, healthcare workers and now educational workers just because he wants to REOPEN during a raging/rising pandemic for his re-election.

Will SAT Cheater Donald have the balls to sit in?

31 Likes

He wants, he wants or else. Nothing there about the students safety, the staff safety, the teacher safety.
Heck 99% of the virus is harmless, what are we worried about?

31 Likes

At this time is when I wish most that we had a real president, that could provide leadership, rally the nation and align the resources to re-start that most critical part of our society that is the public schools.

5 Likes

Ari Melber covered this a few minutes ago. He said that he wasn’t even going to show the tweet, because Trump has no authority to do this. And he said it continues to show how powerless he’s becoming.

Love it.

37 Likes

The Founding Fathers called to say suck on Federalism bitches

5 Likes

Hey McEnema and your fat boss - I’ve got your grave consequences. I know this is hard fo think through, but try and stay with me:

• kids go back to school
  • kids share their COVID-19 with each other
  • exponential growth occurs (not the kids, you moron!)
  • kids share COVID with their parents, grandparents, teachers, neighbors, etc.
  • grave consequences:

gravestone

Capisce?

18 Likes

Can I have “None Whatsoever” for $2000, Alex?

7 Likes

Trump may want to talk to a few parents (who actually care about their kids) before opening his face anus. Talking with a small sampling of parents in the district I’m in…they are nervous. Main concern is how are kids going to be protected? Would imagine vast majority of parents are worried.

6 Likes

Shepard Smith found a new home:

Smith will anchor a new one-hour evening news program titled The News with Shepard Smith, airing Monday through Friday at 7pm ET. The newscast, which will launch in the Fall, will cover the most significant news stories of the day and will feature the well-respected, fact-based storytelling that has been the hallmark of his 30-year career. Smith will also assume the new roles of CNBC’s Chief General News Anchor and Chief Breaking General News Anchor as well as Executive Editor of The News with Shepard Smith.

10 Likes

“But he’s looking at potentially redirecting that to make sure it goes to the student, and it is most likely tied to the student, and not to a district where schools are closed,” McEnany said.

So did no journalist point out that schools would hold classes online like they did in the spring, or was it just left out of the story? Seems kind of like an important point.

8 Likes

When they finally realized there was almost no federal funding to schools to cut off, they seem to have hit on the idea of promising a new pot of federal money but only to schools that physically re-open.

All because of the Moscow Mengele’s desire to bully and abuse women and children.

15 Likes

“He wants students to be welcomed back to the schools because there are real consequences,” McEnany said, before referring to guidance by the American Academy of Pediatrics for school re-entry that discusses the negative impacts of children not having in-person education experiences.

Good point. Trump was never at school in-person. Look how that turned out…

6 Likes

Where is Trump Inc plan for reopening?
Who will be tested?
Tested as often as Trump?
How many in a class room?
How many on a bus?
Where will students and teachers eat?
There is much more and Trump hasn’t a clue except his ability to fix it by talking and doing nothing.

4 Likes

Trump is the King of Shit Mountain, so what he says doesn’t go.

5 Likes

Good catch. Not only does he not have authority in this situation, but when he makes empty threats he further undercuts his power by making himself less credible.

14 Likes

Said it yesterday - he can demand until he drops over dead and he still has no authority to do this.

19 Likes

Wow! Whep Smith with CNBC. That’s some shift and, evidently, with a bit of status thrown in (!).

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available