WH Dodges On Trump School Funding Cut

After listening to commentary on the evening news shows, I’m starting to feel like Trump’s “go back to school cause I said so” might be the brick wall that stops him in his tracks. With no real authority over funding and taking on teacher/educational support staff, not to mention parents who are concerned about their children’s health, we may finally see people find the power to say “NO!” to Trump. Teachers and school staff are definitely a force to be reckoned with; look what they did here in Kentucky in standing up to Trump wannabe Matt Bevin. I estimate the three K-12 school districts in our county alone employ over 2500+ people, so this is a whole other level to think you can order these folks back to work and “just get use to the idea” that they could get sick and die. Or worse yet, not do everything possible to keep their students and community safe from the virus. I often think about how for over 3 years, our great nation has allowed this man to destroy our country and that no one has been able to stop him. It’s been a long time coming, but I think this time may be the straw that broke the camel’s back.

4 Likes

But what if schools open, but later have to close back down if there’s a big virus surge as a result?

Wouldn’t that sort of look bad for Trump?

Shouldn’t Trump be saying he supports opening in a safe manner to be determined by local health experts?

1 Like

It’s the consultant class whom the Democrats hire. They make big bucks from ad buys (they take home big percentages), but creativity, often not so much.

2 Likes

FIFY :wink:

1 Like

@darrtown

Don’t think for a moment that recent GOP atonement consultant Steve Schmidt doesn’t fully understand the niche he’s carving out for himself-- and the creative talent behind these ads.

I don’t think for a moment that Schmidt is going to pull a reversal back to a GOPer after this election either. There’s no home for him there now. TBH? ‘The Lincoln Project’ itself is just a branding for the moment. As brilliant as it is? It won’t be a requisite for very long after November-- maybe-- up until 2022 mid-terms.

2 Likes

You wish, lib. Trumpp will put the schools on double secret probation. Bwahaha!

4 Likes

And if that doesn’t work, he’ll put them in detention.

1 Like

Many parents don’t have jobs to which they can return. A lot of smaller businesses probably won’t ever reopen. And a lot of larger businesses are scaling back their work forces until they believe they need, and can sustain, more employees over the long term. As long as COVID rages out of control, people will be exceedingly cautious (excepting those who have drunk the Lysol).

2 Likes

My son and daughter-in-law speak carefully, but I suspect they’re both terrified for their children. My son drives a school bus, so there’s an additional level of terror going on there. I certainly am terrified for all of them in a way that I haven’t been until now. Our school district is one of the best in the country, and I’m sure there are plenty of parents who can pull strings to make sure their kids remain safe. This is a very politically connected area. And it doesn’t just lean blue, it’s blue through and through.

4 Likes

That may be their best ad yet! They’ve put out a lot of good stuff and I’m very happy to see them tying the Republican party to Trump. They get it.

1 Like

I will never send my kids anywhere unsafe. Period. Fuck the GOP. Party of Death.

5 Likes

The GOP’s Fuhrer has gotten himself into a very, very deep shit hole this time:

So what are Trump’s true priorities? Schools or bars? His loyal supporters want to know.

4 Likes

If you threw a match at this guy, would he explode?

It will be interesting to see how much home schooling increases this year.

1 Like

But the way the Lincoln Project cuts thru the bullshit is really refreshing. It is a hopeful thing that folk with brains are still around. I look at folk in the House and Senate and what I see is very depressing. They’re supposed to be our best and brightest but in truth they fail… miserably. And then there the bag of waste protoplasm that sits behind the Resolute Desk…

It’s weird talking to my teenagers about W… the comparisons with Trump almost make him sound competent or ethical. Strange days indeed!

1 Like

Trump is God’s punishment for us that said that an ape would a be better president than W…

2 Likes

If only she were a better liar…

1 Like

Would it have mattered if Baghdad Bob was a better liar? Nah. :wink:

4 Likes

I was trying to make a small joke. But by your emoji, I see you were, too! :+1:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available