We've Been Calling Them Weirdos For A While

Yep.

15 Likes

In the very NW corner of the contiguous 48, on August 1, the Canada geese started their test flights for their winter trip to SoCal and Mexico. What do they know?

6 Likes

31 Likes

If we’re honest, every single human alive is on that spectrum.
Most us us manage to keep it under control…mostly.

@birdford: Justine Wadsack’s middle name wouldn’t happen to be ‘Karen’ would it?

4 Likes

August 16! Awesome!

34 Likes

I don’t think a better situation could have happened for us, actually. Biden took the attacks from tfg all the way up to the perfect moment to hand over to Kamala Harris. Tfg is confused and “sucker punched” and had just previously made classic errors of overconfidence. It was a bait and switch and it has turned out brilliantly. We will win this.

23 Likes

Wagner? Yeah, she’ll skip it again, no doubt.

She’s weird. What’s she afraid of?

2 Likes

Say the global economy is $85 trillion a year and the transition cost is 10% of that. Nobody wants to pay that, especially the rich who must proportionally pay more. As we lose natural services and consume resources, the political message seems to be pretend. Pretend hard.

4 Likes

I’m convinced he’s confused her with Haley.

13 Likes

I had a friend (since passed away) who used to like to say “I ain’t much, but I’m pretty much all I ever think about.”

14 Likes

There are also more recently published results based on models with 100X greater spatial resolution. Here’s the Phys Rev Letter the above article is based on. It’s more complicated, but doesn’t change the fundamental conclusion that we have to quit fucking with the climate, stat.

4 Likes

35 Likes

Could you explain why?

1 Like

There is defense and then there is defense. She might be better to approach it with the idea that the entire entity is hostile and play that. Trump is just an appendage attached to it. It is interesting how someone on offense can be tripped up by giving their opposition the tools they need to flip the conversation. Even if he is shouting her down, that can be used to show how ridiculous he is. The thing is not to react immediately and even let them wear themselves down. Trump’s danger is he can lose support by showing weakness. They want a demigod. But not a vulnerable one. He is already showing some fade on his image and it is definitely not as intimidating as it was even a few weeks ago. Chipping at that might have more profound effects than realized. If you are worrying about if someone simply will vote or not after a debate, the bigger picture is whether someone continues to really believe in him.

3 Likes

I remember the crap that TCF threw at April Ryan during her tenure as a White House Correspondent. She never blew her cool. He looked like a fool. The big, racist baby he’s always been was clear for all to see.

She has a new book out – Black Women Will Save the World. I have not read it yet. Anyone here who has a review?

7 Likes

I wish the WaPo would drop their rotating editorial cartoonists and rehire deAdder as their full time cartoonist. He’s right up there with Lukovich.

4 Likes

Saw this shirt in social media today.

30 Likes

I agree. But in my original post, I was referring to Biden personally, not us. Had he eschewed debating Trump, period!, he’s likely still our candidate. Such is the role of unforeseen contingencies which, this time, in hindsight, worked in our favor (although there was much wringing of hands at the time), even though it was not advantageous for Joe’s candidacy. There will be other inflection points before this is over. Always in motion is the future.

20 Likes

That’s gonna leave a mark.

18 Likes

haven’t read the opinion, but didn’t all she have to do was cite Roberts’ otherwise disgraceful opinion and remand.

4 Likes