We've Been Calling Them Weirdos For A While

Originally published at: We’ve Been Calling Them Weirdos For A While

When I wrote in a February issue of the Weekender about The Weirdness Threshold and the ways in which Republicans were approaching it through Taylor Swift hysteria, I didn’t think “Weird” would become a Democratic Party rallying cry. I was mostly reacting to two things at the time: First, I saw a gap between the…

1 Like

FRIST!

20 Likes

#AMOC could easily collapse before 2030. Talk with an honest climate scientist and oceanographer off-the-record and candidly and you will never be the same.

https://arxiv.org/html/2406.11738v1?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

48 Likes

Yes we can
Harris hires Obama campaign veterans to join 2024 effort, replacing Biden loyalists - The Washington Post
David Plouffe, Stephanie Cutter and Mitch Stewart are joining the effort.

34 Likes

Not sure how I feel about that.

8 Likes

-Say it ain’t SO!
North Carolina GOP candidate Mark Robinson, a harsh abortion critic, reveals his wife once had the procedure (nbcnews.com)
Abortion Rights

North Carolina GOP candidate Mark Robinson, a harsh abortion critic, reveals his wife once had the procedure

The state’s lieutenant governor, who is running for governor, made the revelation in a new TV ad with his wife.

Mark Robinson speaks on stage on the first day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee

Mark Robinson has put out an ad revealing that his wife had an abortion 30 years ago.Leon Neal / Getty Images file

• Save

Create your free profile or log in to save this article

Aug. 2, 2024, 2:42 PM EDT / Updated Aug. 2, 2024, 4:00 PM EDT

By Alexandra Marquez

The Republican nominee for governor of North Carolina is out with a new TV ad where he and his wife reveal that she had an abortion 30 years ago.

In the ad, Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson and his wife talk directly to the camera, revealing few details about the procedure beyond his telling viewers, “Thirty years ago, my wife and I made a very difficult decision. We had an abortion.”
Democratic groups in the state have for months unearthed controversial comments Robinson has made about abortion, including in a Facebook Live stream in 2019, where he said, “Abortion in this country is not about protecting the lives of mothers … It is about killing the child because you weren’t responsible enough to keep your skirt down.
NOT HIS of course JUST YOURS
Robinson also referred to abortion as “murder” and “genocide” on his personal Facebook page in 2018.

44 Likes

Who the fuck is Robby Starbuck?

12 Likes

For Claremont, these arguments are part of a broader project that regards the past several decades as a radical break with the founding traditions of American government. That belief is what propels Claremont officials to make wild and inflammatory claims, and what underpins proposals that lead critics to describe it as a policy lab for authoritarianism.

The Miskatonic University Institute for Weird Shit.

26 Likes

7 Likes

A Real Super Hero!

1 Like
23 Likes

Saw that. Looks to me like it would just piss people off

12 Likes

Poor, poor Kristi Noem. She’s SO irrelevant.

25 Likes

Link to Video

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1819352606952624242?t=j3ZPFmtp5y-Bw3Yak6srkw&s=19

38 Likes

An asshole!
“The War on Children” is a documentary directed by Robby Starbuck12. The film exposes the ongoing battle for control of the next generation and their minds, revealing the battle plan being used to control the future1.

23 Likes

The old do as I say, not as I do.

6 Likes

Come on, even the most r/w conservative in the privacy of their own home will admit lusting after your own daughter and talking about Jewish space lasers is not just weird but actually creepy.

24 Likes

I see Rand Paul is involved.

14 Likes

It’s real. $24.99

14 Likes

Is this the same thing as running amok? s/

1 Like