Welp, Turns Out Police ARE Investigating Trump's Arlington Cemetery Fiasco

Originally published at: Welp, Turns Out Police ARE Investigating Trump’s Arlington Cemetery Fiasco

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Not Done Yet! Despite the Army declaring the “case closed,” a police investigation is underway into the Arlington National Cemetery fracas involving a cemetery staffer and two Trump campaign staffers, ABC News reports. The police…

2 Likes

Secret Service Under Renewed Scrutiny

You see, if they actually governed to ensure that things worked as they should, they wouldn’t be able to attack and disparage those things for political gain.

I’m first and ha ha ha ha ha … I don’t care!

106 Likes

Routh didn’t have a plan but he had a concept of a plan.

Stole this from WaPo comments.

78 Likes

Well, here’s a charming cat anyways….

80 Likes

75 Likes

The more we learn about this guy…

81 Likes

He’ll have a plan, a beautiful plan, in two weeks.

46 Likes

What event? Reading about ten paragraphs in, it’s unclear.

23 Likes

Rep. Alford, another GOP’er who want to defund the police. The FBI, the USSS, the AFT, the IRS.

As always.

54 Likes

Donald J. Trump = A human stain on the body politic, a human stain on the history of the United States of America

56 Likes

The Trump/Vance campaign’s hate talk about Springfield, Haitians and immigrants in general is designed to damage the economy and start a civil war, as are the pointed accusations at democrats for the assassination attempts. It’s a strategy for sowing enough chaos to win the election and to burn everything down if he doesn’t.

46 Likes

37 Likes
53 Likes

So. A former president as protectee can decline SS recommendations or protection. SS has long warned of security weaknesses on Trump golf courses. But the SS screwed up here? On an unplanned, unscheduled outing?

91 Likes

I would like to know more about JD giving away the plan for ruining Obamacare, but it’s behind a paywall. It seems to have something to do with risk pools, and separating out the people with pre-existing conditions.

52 Likes

I think there are more than 74 million human stains out there.

35 Likes

Yesterday I posted about a Cultural Festival that was cancelled due to the rhetoric. That could be what they are referring to.

21 Likes

I would not mind SS being thoroughly investigated and reformed. Sucks for the dudes, fewer Columbian hookers and blow, but they’ve been begging for a housecleaning for a while.

48 Likes

In my opinion, there seem to be some pretty quickly scripted talking points immediately after this event in Florida. Almost like they were written in advance. Plus the distraction currently going on now trying to blame it on somebody else. Kind of makes you wonder doesn’t it.

24 Likes

This is exactly the point I tried to make the other day but not as articulately. Trump is special! Special in regard to everything! He deserves more legal breaks. He deserves more empathy. He deserves more political respect. Why? Who knows, but he’s special!

Trump and Stephen Miller and JD Vance don’t want to get over that shooting attempt, and the murder of Corey Comperatore. They need Trump to be more special than all the kids gunned down in their schools. They need Trump’s shooting to have a meaning they won’t ascribe to the murder of children in their classrooms.

And yet Trump is no more special a victim than the teenagers killed in Georgia.

71 Likes