WATCH LIVE: Trump Delivers A Statement Amid Unrest Over George Floyd Death | Talking Points Memo

Founder & Editor-in-Chief:

Executive Editor:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1312066

Nope, I’m going to shelter in place and bunker down…

9 Likes

Just asking: Did we get a thread to discuss Biden’s comments today?
https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2020-06-01/biden-meeting-with-black-leaders-sharpens-contrast-with-trump

13 Likes

Not that I saw.

2 Likes

Shit is about to get worse.

4 Likes

Sorry, no I’m heading for the bunker and there’s no reception.

7 Likes

I’m thinking the reporters down front should wear Gallegher ponchos to guard against his flying spittle.

3 Likes

I’d rather drink bleach than to listen to whatever deranged rant he delivers today.

5 Likes

“Soon, Steiner will encircle BLM a pincer movement, and the Battle of Berlin will be won!”

13 Likes

Joe who?

1 Like

Let us hope it will not be as bad as it could be.

4 Likes

Got room for a friend and her dogs down there? She’ll bring snackies.

6 Likes

It is a little late for this. He will read this mechanically with no emotion and sniff a bunch. Oh, and some twitches too.

9 Likes

So I guess Jared lost this one, huh?

9 Likes

I’m disgusted by what I’ve already seen today—it’s worse than ever. Cops dragging black motorists out of their cars and tasing them, the streets of Washington looking more like Baghdad in '03, sick talk from the men at the top. What this mental defective could possibly say to help, other than his resignation, is hard to imagine.

19 Likes

We shall never forget the good people on both sides.

4 Likes

How many military checkpoints did the press have to pass through?

5 Likes

As I’ve said before, the main reason I pay for Prime is so some True Hero on TPM’s staff draws the short straw, grabs a couple bottles of Merlot, and gives updates on the meltdown here (then finally gets to take a shower that would make the firefighters at Chernobyl envious).

5 Likes

Are there any betting odds yet on Fat Nixon resigning?

They’ve got to be getting worse.

For Fat Nixon.

3 Likes

I don’t even have the kind of imagination to pretend I could guess at what he might say besides it’s not his fault, the virus is better and hail to the chief.

2 Likes