WATCH LIVE: Trump Announces Supreme Court Pick At 5 PM ET

Founder & Editor-in-Chief:

Executive Editor:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1334563

Nope. Not watching.

Unless he goes Ron Paul, then can some kind soul let me know to turn the TV on? Thanks!

4 Likes

Only reason I ever watch. :smile:

4 Likes

Watch the whole Barrett thing be a head-fake and him nominate the most qualified woman he knows… DaughterWife™.

MoscowMitch would shit himself.

3 Likes

So who had “brain-eating amoebas’” on their 2020 shit show bingo card? We’ve got wild fires, we’ve got so many hurricanes we had to resort to the Greek alphabet for naming them. We’ve got protests, and counter protests. We’ve got super spreader events, and people afraid of leaving their houses. And the center square is Trump, just fuck him. I’m going to take a nap.

5 Likes

Well, is he doing fireworks on this one? Or a fly over? The tension is frankly underwhelming on this. When you realize he is trying to compete with another person who has passed on.

4 Likes

If a Republican catches it, how would you know?

2 Likes

Just keep a chainsaw and shotgun handy at all times until Texas can flush the brain eating amoebas…where will they end up? And why hasn’t Trump nuked them yet?

1 Like

Always the fucking reality-show Reveals with this asshole.

2 Likes

That would be chef’s-kiss-level nepotism.

In the meantime, twiddling thumbs with “livestream starting soon” on the screen.

It’s Barrett. They’re marching out to “Hail to the Chief.” Highly barfsome.

1 Like

By his face you can tell he regards this as a huge personal accomplishment.

5 Likes

Maybe just watch this on repeat.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309957209024012288

4 Likes

Pandering to Ginsburg fans.

Now Barrett, who he says is real smart. How he knows this I can’t say.

Introducing his own wife “The First Lady” and Pence’s wife too. Have I mentioned lately he could be doing better with women?

4 Likes

Will not watch

1 Like

Actually that is not entirely surprising. This seems to be a thing building in frequency over the years in Texas and the south.

However, what is surprising is they are not on trump’s staff currently. Unless…this explains Stephen Miller. Hmm…

Because a Barrett is clearly a female Barr, who is the smartest genius besides himself he knows.

3 Likes

He’s talking very carefully. Like when you’re buzzed and trying to pretend you’re not.

More talk of good genes. Of course, they’re good, she’s incredibly white.

2 Likes

The fact that Barrett would stand there next to this aspiring autocrat under these circumstances tells me all I need to know about her.

Although I’m also really dismayed by the whole charismatic Catholic thing. My best friend during high school years got sucked into that during a rough time in young adulthood, and it really messed up her life. She was a terrific jazz singer and had graduated from a good music school, but the religious nuts told her it was wrong to perform in any place that sold alcohol, which kind of wrecked any chance of a career. It took her years to finally realize that people who were pretending to help her were really just trying to control her.

6 Likes

Welcome to Supreme Court Karen.

5 Likes

That little dog is way too cute. And it has enough hair that it looks good blowing in the wind. Trump loses this comparison - he’s not cute, and his hair looks ridiculous when it blows in the wind.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available