WATCH LIVE: House Voting To Impeach Trump For Inciting Capitol Insurrection Mob | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Jason Smith is the slimiest POS you can image.

Crying “we are hurting if you do this”.

3 Likes

One more thing: Lawrence O’Donnell noted last night on MSNBC that Donald Trump is now the subject of fully half of all impeachment hearings in the history of America. It’s, like, synonymous with his name now.

Wonkette rules.

27 Likes

I can’t watch the Rethugs, bipartisan commission indeed. Now they’re interested in being bipartisan when the worse attack on democracy has just occurred from within.

10 Likes

I very much doubt that.

12 Likes

Did that kkklown woman just invoke MLK? JFC…

7 Likes

Exactly, called their bluff.

Say right then and there, sure, we will agree to a bipartisan commission right after Trump is out of office.

Did Gym Jordan do an eight-ball?

11 Likes

Before the healing can begin, you have to get rid of the purulent infectious matter embedded in the body.

12 Likes

What is wrong with Jordan? I get dangerous blood pressure spikes.

10 Likes

He’s Gish galloping again.

5 Likes

Man, Gym Jordan is an asshole. Slick liar.

11 Likes

In his defense, he’s from Oklahoma

3 Likes

Sweet…“Big Lies”…hammer them as Nazis.

Because they are.

11 Likes

I’ll never comprehend how his constituents can stand his manner, no matter his politics.

10 Likes

Yep. Glad Pete brought it up. Too bad he blew it with that ranting past his time.

Lame.

Now the fuckhead Reschethaer trying to link last week to protests last summer.

And I really wish someone on our side would someday pointedly ask who is this “Democrat” Party you speak of, we are the Democratic Party?

8 Likes

Not very slick. His bullshit doesn’t even make sense.

6 Likes

This is what it looks like when criminals who have been caught try to rationalize their criminal actions.

8 Likes

With their assistance. Make sure to emphasize that. With. Their. Assistance.

8 Likes

Republican talking points so far:

1. We must unite.

2. Both sides have been violent.

3. President Trump committed to a peaceful transfer of power.

Yes, that’s all the craven motherfuckers got.

18 Likes

Watch for McConnell to reconvene the Senate before January 19th.

If he does, then he likely has the votes to convict.

If he has the votes, then I’d think he’d rather run the proceedings, to minimize damage to himself and to Senate colleagues, than to leave it to Schumer.

If he doesn’t have the votes, then he’ll just let Schumer twist in the wind, without a conviction.

And don’t get me wrong, I think the chances that McConnell is whipping up votes to convict stands at about 60% right now.

Trump didn’t just send in his thugs to attack Mitch McConnell, he took Mitch’s Senate Majority Leader role, by handing Georgia to the Dems.

18 Likes

And Cole goes to the top of the list of likely co-conspirators.

7 Likes