WATCH LIVE: House Voting To Impeach Trump For Inciting Capitol Insurrection Mob | Talking Points Memo

“There is no such thing as connotations or implied meanings. Dogwhistles don’t exist. Intended meaning is only conveyed in the literal sense. Trump did nothing wrong because winks and nudges don’t count.”

10 Likes

I am not sure why Pelosi is hanging onto the articles until next week. She should deliver them to the Senate TONITE ! McConnell and Schumer can hammer the Senate back into session tomorrow morning on an emergency basis. If the GOP members don’t want to attend, they can hold the trial with a quorum of 51 and “git 'er done” in a day. Trump can be out on his ass by the weekend.

2 Likes

Jackson Lee up now.

She killin’ it.

9 Likes

According to the Rethugs, it was just another day in America. We are sorry for the deaths but please, please don’t throw the criminal kingpin into the briar patch.

6 Likes

TPM & Wonkette…my online family…

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Rep. Buddy Carter: We mus untie and heal.

Say “Trump lie, Biden won fair and square you your pleading for ‘healing’ is worthless noise.”

Failing that, STFU.

7 Likes

Chair SUSPENDS a Repub’s statement:

WEAR YOUR FUCKING FACEMASK ASSHOLE

spoken in Robert’s Rules

19 Likes

I’m a fan of Lloyd Doggett. He’s the only rep who actually answers my letters.

11 Likes

Rep. Doggett: “We did stop the steal. We stoped Trump from stealing our democracy.”

(standing O from me)

23 Likes

Waiting for Q-anoners to spit their wisdom.
Did they let Bobert in with her pistol ?

3 Likes

I know she got pissy with the metal detector folks. Fucking trailer park trash.

5 Likes

Hahahahaha, doggone that Doggett from Texas!

FOR YEARS DONALD TRUMP HAS HONORED THUGS WORLDWIDE. WHO SUPPRESS DEMOCRACY. FOR MONTHS, WITH A DAILY DIET OF LIES, HE HAS MADE CLEAR HIS REFUSAL TO ACCEPT ANY ELECTION IN WHICH HE WAS NOT THE WINNER. AFTER FAILING COMPLETELY IN HIS REPEATED ATTEMPTS TO INTIMIDATE BOTH REPUBLICAN ELECTION OFFICIALS INTO COMMITTING FRAUD, AND REPUBLICAN-APPOINTED JUDGES INTO IGNORING OUR CONSTITUTION, HE MADE A DESPERATE ATTEMPT LAST WEEK TO BLOCK THE FINAL ELECTION COUNT AND PREVENT THE PEACEFUL TRANSILLINGS OF POWER – TRANSITION OF POWER ESSENTIAL TO DEMOCRACY. TRUMP BASICALLY ATTEMPTED TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT, TO VIOLENTLY OVERTHROW THE FIRST BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT, THIS CONGRESS. LIKE HIS DEADLY REACTION TO THE PANDEMIC, HE TOTALLY BUNGLED THE DEADLY ATTACK. BOTH HIS FRENZIED, RIOTOUS MOB AND HIS CONGRESSIONAL ENABLERS WERE DEFEATED. AMERICA, WE DID STOP THE STEAL. WE STOPPED DONALD TRUMP FROM STEALING OUR DEMOCRACY AND IMPOSING HIMSELF AS A TYRANT. TODAY WE NOT ONLY DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY FOR HIS GROSS MISCONDUCT, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, WE DECLARE TO THE NEXT TRUMP-LIKE ASPIRING TYRANT, NOT IN AMERICA. WE LOVE OUR DEMOCRACY TOO MUCH. OUR CAPITAL – OUR CAPITOL IS SCARRED BUT OUR DEMOCRACY SURVIVES. VIOLATING HIS SWORN DUTY TO PROTECT AND DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION BY SEEKING TO VIOLENTLY OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT –

How 'bout dem Cowboys!

23 Likes

Who would have guessed that a GOPer would be less mature than a H.S. student when it comes to metal detectors?

13 Likes

A great guy.

Texas is lucky to have him.

9 Likes

Dayum!

5 Likes

Hoping someone brings up her tweet telling the rioters that Nancy had left the chamber. Needs to be said directly, into the record - with cameras on her.

11 Likes

Yep. Gave him a virtual standing O upthread.

7 Likes

:100: :point_left:

1 Like

Massie R/Libertarian-KY is one of those…would love to get rid of that asshole.

1 Like

First votes on impeachment expected shortly.

Final vote on impeachment expected around 3:30 ET.

4 Likes