Watch Former POTUS Donald Trump Repeatedly Plead The Fifth

Trump, with his “Same answer” could have a special Kiosk in the Mall of Avoiding Accountability.

2 Likes

Devine would have definitely been slumming.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe we got out of that more or less in one piece, as a nation. People, some didn’t.

4 Likes

I believe that’s incorrect. In criminal cases, you don’t have to testify against yourself and it can’t be held against you. In civil cases you can’t be compelled to testify, but your refusal to testify can be held against you.

This is an AG investigation, but a civil case. I don’t know which rule would apply, but they’re being accused of something, so my guess is the criminal standard would apply.

If the civil standard applied, the prosecuting attorney from the AG’s office could point out all the information that TFG thought would incriminate him.

1 Like

I actually saw Divine perform on stage (as a singer) at an after hours club in Chicago called Medusa’s (it was right next to the ‘el’ tracks on Sheffield Ave. in Wrigglyville, one block north of the Belmont station, but is no longer there). This was when Divine was touring and promoting his album “Maid in England”.

Kinda surreal, but fun memory watching Divine sing the cover of Frankie Valli’s song “Walk Like a Man” while pulling a rubber prop fish out of “her” lingerie on stage, and tossing it into the crowd at 2 in the morning.

2 Likes

Wrigleyville ca. 1980-85 was unbelievable. (And Rush Street didn’t exactly suck, either.) It was a big town, but if you hung out there at night on a regular basis – until sunrise, of course – I probably stood (or danced) next to you at least once.

4 Likes

The point is not what you said that may be used against you, the point is guiding the prosecution in where to concentrate their energy and attention. You answer 397 questions and fifth just three, they’re gonna be interested as fuck in why you wouldn’t answer those three. That is why in very basic game theory, it’s a plausible strategy to fifth everything rather than just fifthing something. FFS.

I guess that says it all, Trump is not innocent, he is guilty as hell.

1 Like

My SIL worked in the salon where Ivana got her hair done back in the day. First hand knowledge as to what an entitled biatch she was then. Only sat her supreme self in the chair, had the top line personnel do her do - wouldn’t speak to them while the do was being done, and then waltzed out without so much as a way to pay or a thank you.

1 Like

Yes. She has always been my favorite.

Yep!

Let’s all remember that most of those questions were straight-forward “who owns this property” type pf questions.

AG is now suing Trump and the kids for abusing the 5th amendment.

1 Like

It’ll all be for naught. I don’t see how someone ‘abuses’ the 5th amendment, anymore than I see how someone abuses the 1st or any of the others. They’re within their rights not to incriminate themselves. I think this one gets sent to the showers.

I used to have the vinyl 12” of that song. For that era and that style of music, it was really pretty good.

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like fun. BTW, I saw what you posted to Matt at Legacy.com, beautifully stated, it’s something any of us could have written about him.

Amazing to watch him, there in-person. Such guile and deceit, and such rage seething below the surface. I’ve just never understood how tens of millions of Americans can’t see that or feel that in him. It’s so obvious that he’s a menace—a miserable, destructive human being.

1 Like

He looks and acts totally bored by the whole thing. I wonder how bored he will look when put into the general population of a federal prison?

“… And therefore…a Witch!
And what do we do with Witches?”

Feature, not Bug.

I had to chuckle at Woodward’s shot at Donnie’s soiled depends. I bet Bob has plenty more of those little gems to share.

It really is sad to keep seeing a man about whom the whole world will celebrate upon his demise. He will never understand that he had done this entirely to himself.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available