Watch Former POTUS Donald Trump Repeatedly Plead The Fifth

CBS News obtained and published footage Tuesday of a portion of Former President Donald Trump’s deposition in the New York attorney general’s civil fraud investigation from last summer, in which he notoriously pleaded the fifth repeatedly. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1446914

Let’s ask the pig himself what he thinks about people pleading the 5th…

28 Likes

He’s like a Mobster.

“Same answer” to everything.

14 Likes

God, look at those lizard eyes

13 Likes

Watch Former POTUS Donald Trump Repeatedly Plead The Fifth

Pro tip: mute the sound and turn on closed captioning so you don’t have to hear his voice. Then scroll the video off the page so you don’t have to see his face.

38 Likes

But I have to watch. I feel compelled to watch.

1 Like

I’d love to see a campaign ad juxtaposing the two. Preferably from Biden in the general election.

11 Likes

TDFFG has only two settings - lie or plead the fifth.

Truth is not an option. And once his lawyers explained to him that lying under oath to people who already have the answers to the question they’d be asking him…

20 Likes
11 Likes

I think that it is somewhat unfair to use this to indicate criminality on the part of Trump. It could just as easily be a signal of mental deterioration.

4 Likes

Hey - let’s not insult lizards.

17 Likes

Then guzzle a pint of bourbon so you can forget he ever existed. Even if, alas, temporarily.

12 Likes

No, he is a mobster. Always has been.

27 Likes

If we had to take a shot every time Cockholster pleaded the Fifth we all would surely be dead. Moreover, we would be so pickled we’d never decompose.

14 Likes

Good point.

16 Likes

Word on the street is that many Republican lawmakers check the obituaries each morning to see if he’s dead, yet.

I, on the other hand, believe that 28% of American voters will vote for him dead or alive and 28% of those will claim that rumors of his death are fake news even if his rotting corpse is put on display.

22 Likes

Arms crossed, looking imperious.

He’s really a disgusting human being.

You’re in trouble, mister, and according to Bob Woodward, you smell, too. :nauseated_face:

17 Likes

He thinks he is a mobster. Mobster wanna be. Seems to be a fascination since he was young.

I skipped around the video a bit. Did he at least own up to being Donald J. Trump? Or same answer.

5 Likes

If one can place his business and his politics aside, on a basic human level, Trump fails at every turn.

16 Likes

saying, “For all of the reasons provided in my answer, which is incorporated herein in its entirety, I decline to answer the question.”

Senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace of the attorney general’s office then told Trump he could say, “same answer” to “speed things up,” instead of repeating the formal response.

Trump did just that, repeating “same answer” over 400 times during the course of the nearly four hours of questioning, according to CBS News.

I will point out that if you answer every single question with “Fifth”, you are giving nothing away. Whereas if you selectively “Fifth” questions, you’re communicating which subjects are of concern to you.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available