Washington State Commandeers Bankrupt Rural Hospital | Talking Points Memo

Especially when the facts are these:

And the SG has it wrong again:

https://news.yahoo.com/surgeon-general-jerome-adams-federal-123515761.html

2 Likes

Yeah…it’s just ‘capitalism’ when the Cons drive hospitals to close but BY GOD AND BY TRUMP it’s bailout time when their ‘buddies’ fail.

2 Likes

well it makes me want to visit now

The voters will never know. The local news dares not report the story.

The horror that 4 months in Trump is “finally coming to grips” is more than one should be able to image.

1 Like

If only the world knew of some system where everyone had the cost of their healthcare covered perhaps there would be enough business to keep these rural hospitals functioning.

2 Likes

We like to keep Eastern Washington alive since they do a lot of farming over there. Their politics suck but we just keep poking at them…

3 Likes

Yeah…that won’t happen…they will insist dammit that it’s all those godless libruls from the Western side of the state (you know, the ones that pay for their roads, etc.) that came over and GAVE it to them. It’s the land of Cathy McMorris Rodgers although there is a more moderate Republican representing Yakima…

4 Likes

Into the weeds here. You wanna know what really pisses me off (not really, of course), but cresting the hill eastbound of Vantage and seeing crops being watered in the middle of the day with overhead sprinklers in 90-degree heat and the almost constant 10mph + wind. Then there are all the open irrigation canals and ditches throughout the CBRP. The amount of water that gets wasted . . . .

2 Likes

It would take too much effort to disinfect.

1 Like

It’s their GOD GIVEN RIGHT to ‘waste water’ over on that side of the state…doncha’ know?

I’m from Portland and I did not know that. Learn something new everyday!

Maybe we’d actually get an answer if a different John Roberts would ask that question…Then again…Ah Nevermind.

Well then here’s something to wrap your brain around: Pullman is also the Dry Pea and Lentil Capital of the World!

1 Like

Yeah that’s it!

Yakima is hardly what I would call a rural city. It’s a bustling city I saw the last time we drove through there and stopped to get something to eat. It’s definitely surrounded by rural areas, but by itself, it’s not rural. At all.

No worries. Infrastructure week is just around the corner.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available