What a lying sack of shit

5 Likes

NEVER!

1 Like

Trump-HotelHosp

3 Likes

The proper use of eminent domain.

7 Likes

I tore into this article because the headline makes it appear that “commandeers” in Washington State bankrupted a hospital. I was thinking, “How dare they!”

Better would be: “Washington State repurposes a bankrupt hospital.”

5 Likes

The Palouse is gorgeous.

Did you get your screen name from the Clearwater River?

3 Likes

No - I’m a wetland ecologist. Always on the hunt for clear water.

5 Likes

Don’t know whether you were aware, but apparently an Appaloosa horse was named after this region – a ‘Palousie’ was a prized horse.

4 Likes

Few realize that Grant County actually grows more potatoes than any other county in America. People think the taters are all from Idaho, but plenty of them are from around Moses Lake.:relaxed:

5 Likes

we are seeing that in Seattle - an events center between Century Link Field and T-Mobile Park will soon become a field hospital.

5 Likes

Just sayin’

2 Likes

Good Lord, Peter Baker actually just said to Brian Williams, “tRump is beginning to come to grips with the enormity of this challenge”. I really dislike Peter Baker. His analysis sucks so bad. Stupid comments like that are basically what’s wrong with most journalism today. Failure to recognize the real threat to this country with this pandemic is actually tRump himself.

5 Likes

Indeed - Pullman, Washington - the largest community in the Palouse, is the Appaloosa capitol of the world.

4 Likes

Also hilariously out of sync with reality: the clickbait ads that want to tell me which frequent flyer programs have the best perks.

Bucko, ain’t nobody flying frequently right now, except maybe air ambulance crews. And when it comes to “perks”, they’re more interested in masks than miles right now.

3 Likes

The hospital that you mentioned is probably the former Franklin Medical Center in Louisburg, NC. It closed in 2015 but its former emergency room is still in use.

https://www.mariaparham.com/for-patients-and-visitors/about-us/news/former-franklin-medical-center-gets-new-name

https://www.mariaparhamfranklin.com/

Saw the same interview. Made my skin crawl. " What an amazing feat! Our John has learned to crawl. Don’t know why everybody was so concerned about having given him the keys to the car!"

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip about the restaurant. Someday I’ll try it.

I lost my love fro Yakima, when upon escaping Hurricane Katrina and needing to replace a vehicle, I bought a used lemon when passing through Yakima. Looked great seemed to run great but it turned out I should have looked more carefully as the entire bottom had rusted out from being used on salted roads in NY state (caveat emptor). The local Chevy dealership did sell me a new car, after I spent about $700 repairing the clunker they originally sold me. It was the only way I could get even a portion of my money back.

That said, folks in Yakima really ought to appreciate Jay Inslee more. If he weren’t governor, they probably would have been plum out of luck.

1 Like

A little while ago I was surprised to look up and see they chyron on CNN saying “National Social Distancing Order to remain in place until end of April” There is no order of any kind on a national scale. CNN has a responsibility not to disseminate these lies.

4 Likes

That prick who owns Hahnemann University Hospital is holding out for more cash from Philly. NOW is the time for a good use of Eminent Domain

May he suffer the fate he deserves.

3 Likes

What’s honestly more wrong with this is not so much the stupid comment, but the retort/challenge that didn’t happen. Like ‘In the briefing today, what the hell did Mexican drug trafficking (for which there’s no record), the wall, and continued attacks against questioners have to do with the fact that 1,000 people died in America today from the virus?’.

Yeah, that’s a question you’ll never hear.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available