War In Europe: Scope Of Russian Invasion Emerges At Daylight | Talking Points Memo

The speech where Ukraine’s existence was denied and Latvia and Estonia’s independence were labeled a mistake?

Come on, that could all mean anything.

1 Like

Oh great, opening another portal for Steppenwolf to come down and get his butt kicked again. :roll_eyes:

Tanks? Weren’t they “a thing” in the last millennium?

6 Likes

That’s hysterical, but that kind of stuff contributed to the collective Russian psychopathology – especially Putin’s.

Then again, Russia’s had an inferiority complex for centuries.

9 Likes

We watched what was available to see last night. Ukraine’s Ambassador was passionate and made a fool of Russia’s. He also proposed removing Russia from chairing the Security Council. What can the UN do with Russia chairing the SC and being a permanent member, along with China?

5 Likes

I really don’t want to know how well these toys work in real-life, but the world rarely asks me what it is I would like to know.

Since it’s apparent that we are going learn how well these weapons systems work, I hope they work at least half as well the designers claim they do.

15 Likes

That’s a BMP, just a lightly armored APC.

T 72 tanks? Jesus, fish in a barrel.

6 Likes

Oh, I think they’ll be careful with the sarcophagus. I would assume directing a cloud of radioactive material towards a NATO country would be seen as an attack.

4 Likes

It’s what he has, and a large part of the questions around this as to just how that will play out. We’ve been arming and training the Ukrainians for several years now on Javelins and a few other shoulder-launched toys. No information, naturally, on just how many we’ve given them over time, but presumably much more than one.

16 Likes

Love the internet, better than than the news at keeping us up to date.

3 Likes

Because they have an assload of thermonuclear weapons.

10 Likes

We send them the economy size from Costco.

9 Likes

Bless the Bloody Brits for helping out. A little something to slow down the ground based hardware.

9 Likes

Well, on a certain level it was always about “class”, less the monetary kind than the social kind. Except for the most elite and western-educated, Russians were typically seen as overeager rubes just off the turnip truck–or exotic Asiatic semi-savages–and treated thusly. It’s not that unlike the way that your typical wingnut/Trumpie resents big city liberal elites because they think, not without justification, that they look down at them–and why said antipodes sympathize with Putin and resentful Russians. It’s about the politics of butt hurt social grievance. It’s also comparable to the grievances that animated everyday Nazis, against cosmopolitan elites, i.e. Jews. I’m sure this phenomenon goes back millennia. Caesar probably capitalized on it to seize power.

11 Likes

Hey gang!

Let’s check in with Putin’s Pals in the DC Truck Convoy, shall we?

24 Likes

From what i’ve been able to read from other nation’s governments regarding Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, every single country who is saying anything at all is condemning Putin for violating international law. It appears that the only allies siding with Russia in this are Fox News and the Republican Party.

21 Likes

Generally I don’t watch TV during the day.
But
Today is not one of those days…

3 Likes

So Vlad hasn’t traded up to APCs? I’m sure some of our police forces here in the US could donate a few to the cause.

3 Likes

Bolivia’s GDP: $36.69 billion USD
Russia’s GDP: $1.483 trillion USD
USA GDP: $20.94 trillion USD
Source: the World Bank

Russia’s GDP is approximately 7.1% of the US DGP.

8 Likes

John Judis should be writing for RedState or some other witless right-wing website—because the intellectual underpinnings of his insensate drivel are consistent with the nonsense they put out.
I’m all for hearing a variety of viewpoints, but Judis’ “thought process” is strictly from hunger.
Josh Marshall owes us all an apology for giving Judis a platform for his bullshit.

14 Likes