War In Europe: Scope Of Russian Invasion Emerges At Daylight | Talking Points Memo

Then why aren’t Israel, India and Pakistan on it too?

Not saying they should be, mind you.

Good!
I hate Russian tanks.
I take that as revenge for my hearing loss.

12 Likes

Putin, lots of back and forth with Biden trying to negotiate so this wouldn’t happen, then, boom. Remind anyone of Manchin and Sinema.
All acting in good faith, not. This was going to happen all along otherwise wouldn’t move thousands to the border just for show.

3 Likes

Right, and at this point, the problem shifts from John Judis to Josh Marshall. Josh: enough.

I welcome contrasting views - but only if they are honestly constructed.

3 Likes

Yep, they’re just like Illinois Nazis.

3 Likes

Not really. He’s handed the GQP everything it needs to win the mid-terms outright and then waltz into the WH in 2024…all while convincing the GQP that the entirety of its interests are aligned with his own.

I bought a used Russian army tank helmet at a street market in Moscow. I had to run the cotton/fleece object through the wash 3 times to get the smoke smell out convincing me that Russian tanks just might be death traps.

8 Likes

And Belarus, which is run by one of Vlad’s besties.

12 Likes

If not inflation, for starters.

1 Like

What in holy hell are you smoking this morning?

22 Likes

And there it is–thanks for posting it so I didn’t have to, @squirreltown!

13 Likes

Sheer and utter nonsense. The idea that pro-Russian sentiment will go up and lead the GOP to victory is just bizarre. The vast majority of Americans will side with Ukraine and so long as Biden & Dems are seen as tough on Russia, it will help them politically, and GOP attacks on them will only backfire, especially since their true sympathies are well-known.

17 Likes

On Earth One, yes. Here, dunno…

4 Likes

I thiNK we caN all AGRee that PUTin is DOINg the rigHT thinG by geTTING out the Fascist DICtators of UKRaine, SUPPOrted by comMUNist NAZI BIDEN FamilY whO is extracTING $50K from UkrainE for REasons AND to FUND his LAVISH lifestYLE whiCH incLUDEs vaCAtion MANsion Compound IN DEleware.

13 Likes

Nah, Trump passed his high urine mark several years ago. The only way the GOP wins from here on is via massive cheating.

4 Likes

25 Likes

I bet he thought he was making a smart move by leaving his phone at home but has never driven with a paper map before.

5 Likes

It’s a legacy organization before countries like that got nukes. Also I suppose it’s assumed that if India and Pakistan ever use 'em, it will be on each other. So less of a world threat. Same deal with Israel’s nukes that they won’t talk about.

1 Like

Bingo. Gas prices and inflation are about to go wild, the market is tanking and the all-out blitz in right wing and “moderate/centrist” media has already begun blaming Biden for all of it…he’s weak, feckless and Trump never suffered that fool Putin to attack anywhere, but it happened under Obama-Biden and now under Biden-Harris, so clearly he doesn’t fear the namby-pamby far left Dems the way he should and they are therefore a threat to national and global security blah blah blah watch as everyone believes it and Biden’s poll numbers crater like you never thought possible.

2 Likes

Good question.

I believe the answer is found in the question, “How many thermonuclear warheads constitute an ‘assload’?”

This website makes it appear that one assload is 225 thermonuclear warheads.

7 Likes