WaPo: Biden To Put Forward Three USPS Board Noms, Two With Deep Mail Voting Creds | Talking Points Memo

President Biden is expected to nominate three candidates to fill vacant seats on the U.S. Postal Board, according to Wednesday Washington Post report that said Biden had settled on a former deputy postmaster general, a mail voting advocate and a former postal union lawyer.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361883

What’s that you were saying, Louie? #GTFO

22 Likes

Good news, but better news would be getting rid of DeJoy

7 Likes

Geez. I hope no one drops a sorting machine on him on his way out the door.

11 Likes

Notably, two of the three nominees Biden has named have expertise in facilitating vote-by-mail.

DAY-um but I do love what’s coming out of this administration.

16 Likes

Can’t happen fast enough,postal service is really going downhill.

10 Likes

I cannot wait to see what bs arguments come up from the inevitable Republican opposition.

1 Like

As someone said, up-thread (and also over on the “Defiant DeJoy” thread):

“He’s done. They’re going to gut him like a fish.”

16 Likes

Go on

2 Likes

Please proceed, Postmaster General.

5 Likes

I LOVE the USPS. I have relied on it as a collector to get me the stuff I purchase online.

Maybe it was the pandemic, maybe it was DeJoy, but since last year it has been much less reliable than ever before.

Right now I have a tracked package one town away that was due to be delivered 2/20.
It has been one town away for SIX days. Sitting somewhere.

That simply NEVER happened before.

It has become the rule rather than the exception.

American Exceptionalism: We can’t have nice things anymore.

30 Likes

Qualified people? How quaint…

As long as they cancel DeJoy, I’m good.

8 Likes

It will be a Dejoy to see him go.

8 Likes

Major shade in announcing this while DeJoy was testifying before Congress…there’s a message sent for sure. Biden is going to oust him as quickly as he can, though the regular process…unless DeJoy keeps sabotaging the system, in which case he may be pushed out faster, just because he will be shown to be sabotaging the system. It’s clear he’s trying to do as much damage as he can before he goes, but it’s also clear that Biden takes the USPS seriously and is going to do everything he can to fix it.

25 Likes

I have stated this before and it has gone no where here and the senator I sent it to.
18 U S Code 1703 is clear and DeJoy is guilty of violating the code.
We do not need a hearing, we need the arrest of DeJoy now!
Having removed sorting machines and cut overtime which delayed the mail makes him guilty.
Until the Dems stop being nice and do what they were elected to do our mail we continue to be fucked up.

4 Likes

It’s DeJoy and his policies…in the early months of the pandemic the USPS was still managing to keep up with the mail despite having to adjust to the new normal. There were delays, but nothing like what happened after DeJoy took over…and that’s only getting worse now. And now DeJoy is trying to implement policies that will remove USPS overnight mail and really sabotage their on-time percentages…he just has to go.

19 Likes

They really are agents of destruction.

USPS
Texas power grid
Confidence in our electoral system

I will NEVER vote for a Republican again.

(I haven’t in a VERY long time, anyway.)

15 Likes

6 Likes

Similar has happened to my kiddo this year, more than once. No car so he depends on the mail at school. One MIA package was medication; luckily he was able to walk to a pharmacy to get an emergency supply. Another was school stuff at the beginning of the semester. It eventually showed up but it was apparently stuck for over 3 weeks in another part of DFW.

6 Likes

Why would he need to appoint another one after these. Democrats should have a 5-4 majority after they are confirmed.