WaPo: Biden To Put Forward Three USPS Board Noms, Two With Deep Mail Voting Creds | Talking Points Memo

Interesting coincidence that this happens on the day that he testifies that he wants the mail to go even slower than it already is!

5 Likes

The dem already serving was appointed by the Thing. Seems to support DeJoy.

5 Likes

There will soon be no DeJoy in Mudville.

Blighty Louis has struck OUT.

5 Likes

Lock him UsPs

10 Likes

This is how we get rid of him. Taking over the Board and ousting his flabby ass.

7 Likes

This is the path to achieving that. There’s no other path .

1 Like

Did you ever imagine it would actually matter in your life what the composition was of the god-damned board of governors of the U.S. Postal Service? Did you even know such a body existed? You didn’t give it a thought from decade to decade and then Trump comes along and literally everything is fucked up to a fare-thee-well.

28 Likes

…and somewhere hearts are light!

1 Like

Get a grip, for God’s sake. Joy is a stain and needs to go, yes. Criminal prosecution under code is Qanon level loony tune political activist off-the-rails idea.

2 Likes

Fun with typography! I approve. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Would be helpful in the story to state what is required to trigger another replacement on the board.

A term expiring? If so, when will that happen?

Or - can he be removed for cause due to blatant conflicts of interest (and thus was never qualified for the role)?

3 Likes

seemed tRUmp really wanted to bring government into the daily lives of Americans as a contact sport

I remember following government over the years as a total policy wonkish endeavor where eyes glaze over by those outside the fold

it still is to a degree a wonkish endeavor but you are spot IMO with your board of governors comment

the thing I am concerned about at this point is the degree to which the republicans have degraded, to the point where it is occupied by Qanon and the feeble fools who kowtow to them to keep their jobs, and the primaries for 2022 may make it worse in that regard, I told my wife I fear the need to try to reason with the unreasonable - how does one work with those so entrenched in sureality? I mean they claim that Democrats are eating children, how do you work with someone like that in any coherent way?

5 Likes

The really bizarre thing is that I suppose a lot of them are mostly normal on everything but politics. I’ve learned a bit about cults over the years but I’m a little fuzzy on how they can make you believe these absurd and often contradictory things. Obviously they can, I just haven’t put in the effort to learn how. So I just goggle in amazement. Interesting times we live in.

5 Likes

Ram them through ASAP. No “no” for an answer. Fuck the GQP and fuck DeJoy.

4 Likes

And he needs to be removed. HIs term was up in December so fuck him in the ass if he is going to support DeJoy. DeJoy is a fucking DeSaster.

2 Likes

Well, yes. Get rid of him. Pronto!

3 Likes

I think it would be pretty hard legally to replace a sitting member of the board. But … I believe that the term of the “Democrat” appointed by Drumpf (and who apparently continues to back DeJoy) expired late last year and is serving as a holdover. He may be removable (at worst, gone later this year) and this would likley create a majority to behead DeJoy.

3 Likes

When I was a clerk in the USPS and if I had delayed mail I could have been prosecuted or just fired and that is a fact.

4 Likes

The USPS must make a profit!

I’m waiting or a special purpose battery that has been sitting in NJ now since 2/17.