Wallace Blasts Trump For Media Attacks | Talking Points Memo

Did Wallace just “both sides” Trump’s attacks on the media? Is it really that ingrained at this point to always treat the Republican enemy du jour as at least partially at fault?

1 Like

OK, 3rd Wallace criticism in a short period - I am detecting a trend here. Is Chris regretting his silence over the last 3 years, or is he just following orders from on high to make the station actually look like it cares about news?

I don’t pretend to know the answer, but I do contend that he has a long, long way to go to balance his own personal scales. And every day he works there lends legitimacy to the democracy destroying machine that is FOX news.

4 Likes

Is it the cake’s fault people get fat?

1 Like

If the cake has disguised itself as a salad it certainly has some responsibility.

2 Likes

Oh, I think in this case the cake is wearing its icing on its sleeves.

1 Like

I 110% agree. Journalists, like everyone, get used to doing something the same way. When it does not work, change is hard. Lots of mainstream journalists believe just telling both sides, the truth will shine through. That belief is almost religious for some, e.g. the NYT which was probably counting critical column inches against Hillary and Trump. Some crime of Trumps, gotta match the column inches with her e-mails.

What we have now is far, far worse. Denying objective facts. The reluctance to call people lairs or more accurately propagandists, needs to end.

4 Likes

the enemy of the American people

The enemy of the American people is Donald Trump, loyal to no one.

Ask landowners in Texas. Ask farmers in the heartland. Ask the shot dead innocents in the South.

3 Likes

Perhaps the scion Wallace should pop a brew and watch some of his networks broadcasting on “the media”. Trump demeans it but we know why and expect that from a childish person like him. But FOX has been bashing the media from its get go. Calling their MSM colleagues liars, liberal media and biased for decades. Isn’t it telling how FOX became concerned about Trump’s media bashing after he started on them. Until then they were right at his side doing the same shit.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available