Wailing And Gnashing Of Teeth: Trumpers React To Draft ‘Audit’ Report Showing Biden Win | Talking Points Memo

Trump supporters — particularly those with large platforms and, often, something to sell — spent months hyping up the sham “audit” of Maricopa County, Arizona’s election results as the first domino to fall: First Arizona, then Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and so on would acknowledge that Trump, in fact, had been robbed of a second term in office. Perhaps, they mused, the audit would even result in a “decertification” of the election. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1388594

First.

Nope, no reason to comment on the predictable idiocy.

31 Likes

When will the rending of garments start so that I can avert mine eyes?

51 Likes

The hand count shows Trump received 45,469 fewer votes than Biden. The county results showed he lost by 45,109.

Opps!

The data in the report also confirms that U.S. Sen. Mark Kelly won in the county.

Not that the Trumpers cared about what happened to Martha McSally anyways.

22 Likes

gifntext-gif (1)

21 Likes

Funny how it is that when you get what you’ve asked for, it turns out to not be what you wanted.

32 Likes

All the fucking roaches, or maybe dung beetles, are streaming out from behind the wainscoting:

Peter Navarro, a former White House advisor who for months has claimed there was widespread election fraud in 2020, jumped on those figures to try to sell yet another book, “In Trump Time.”

13 Likes

The first step is to call the legitimacy of existing electoral institutions into question followed by step two which is to gain legitimacy for alternatives. Step three will be substitution of those alternatives and legalizing their capacity to reverse election results.

It’s all right there in the totalitarian playbook.

41 Likes

Gonna be interesting if the other fraudits will now take place. Would be mighty embarrassing for the GQPers if Joe just keeps increasing his lead.

(Almost time overs here for poochie’s last walk — I do believe I will sleep quite well tonight :laughing: )

18 Likes

On the contrary, the idiots are calling for more States to audit the election.

Weren’t these the same people who told us in 2017 ‘he won; get over it’?

52 Likes

True but hadn’t those mostly been trumpeted before this hit the airwaves?

Anyway, I certainly hope someone keeps pounding on how much that all cost AZ and what they could have done with that money instead. Won’t move any MAGAts, but might move some independents.

22 Likes

There’s no cognitive dissonance where there’s no cognition.

56 Likes

If I ever get the chance I’m buying the first drink for whoever it was on the TPM staff that chose that photo.

12 Likes

But shed a tear for Cyber Ninjas, who must have sincerely thought they’d be heroes, but now have lost the grift. Pennsylvania and Michigan will never hire them!

16 Likes

7 Likes

This is great news for John McCain!!!

26 Likes

Republicans: “AUDIT THE AUDIT!!!”

47 Likes

From the article
"That left the most fervent election truthers in a difficult position: What to say?

Some trashed the process as impossibly biased from the start."
… … …
Yeah, I;d hafta agree that it certainly was biased, but not the way the truthers thought it was.

12 Likes

Front Page: BIDEN WINS ARIZONA!

Page 27G: Recount Report Claims Irregularities

1 Like

Wailing And Gnashing Of Teeth: Trumpers React To Draft ‘Audit’ Report Showing Biden Win

Sweet, sweet music for heading into the weekend.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available