USAID’s New ‘Religious Freedom Advisor’ Spent Years Bashing Islam | Talking Points Memo

In May of 2015, a man who this week became a “religious freedom advisor” in the Trump administration shared an article celebrating the oppression of Muslims in China.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1311198

Only the best people.

12 Likes

Please tell me he’s single. I’ve got daughters I need to marry off.

9 Likes

Let me guess?

1. Christian
  2. Racist
  3. Bigot
  4. All of the above
11 Likes

“Islam will turn nasty. It always does.”

Says the guy whose religion burned people alive for suggesting the Earth orbited the Sun.

30 Likes

I’m sorry, but did I miss the memo? When did “religious freedom” ever mean anything BUT “white Christian dominionist global dominance” when used by the GOP?

17 Likes

Now now, those being punished admitted they were in the wrong…eventually…

5 Likes

Fat, white, bald, goatee, imbecile, obssessively frighted and angry about “replacement”, etc. etc. etc. Right out of central casting…

12 Likes

He’s at least succeeded in causing me to doubt evolution.

11 Likes

Ummmmmm, never I believe.

2 Likes

“This month, the Uighur Human Rights Policy Act of 2020 passed by unanimous consent in the Senate and by a 413-1 vote in the House.

“It passed with a vote of 413-1. Kentucky Republican Thomas Massie was the sole opponent.”

Libertarians like Massie seem to be their own cult if they can’t stand for religious freedom and human rights. Maybe it only matters to him when it’s some dimwit kid from the Covington Catholic academy.

4 Likes

He seems nice.

7 Likes

I’m guessing this is not a position that would require Senate confirmation (not that they wouldn’t confirm…)

1 Like

Hamdullah

3 Likes

Can they afford to feed him? He looks bigger than Spankee.

6 Likes

I’ve worked for USAID. In Muslim countries. USAID helps build bridges to the rest of the world. Or it used to.

7 Likes

Does a sasquatch even have a religion?

4 Likes

Whose job will it be to point out that if all Muslims converted to some form of Christianity his access to available pork products will be greatly reduced?

5 Likes

Mark Lloyd as a “religious freedom advisor”? Sure.

Next up: Amy Cooper as a racial relations advisor.

7 Likes

This week I read/heard that evolution does not mean evolve to a more conscious state, or up one intellect, but to change. And unfortunately the stupids have been reproducing, and the nanny state is making it hard for them to self terminate.
How about a nice game of lawn darts?

4 Likes