US Bets On Untested Company To Deliver COVID-19 Vaccine | Talking Points Memo

EDITOR’S NOTE — This story is part of an ongoing investigation by The Associated Press, the PBS series FRONTLINE and the Global Reporting Centre that examines the deadly consequences of the fragmented worldwide medical supply chain.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1319895

Yeah, this is gonna work out just fine…

13 Likes

“The fact of this matter is, it would be crazy for people to just rely on us. I would be the first to say it,” said ApiJect CEO Jay Walker. “We should be America’s backup at this point, but probably not its primary.”

Trump administration officials would not say why they are investing so heavily in ApiJect’s technology. The company has made only about 1,000 prototypes to date, and it’s not clear whether those devices can deliver the vaccines that are currently in development.

Something smells fishy…
Is this like another “Oscar Health” initially owned by Jared and now only by Joshua Kushner?

20 Likes

It’s a clusterfuck inside a quagmire wrapped in tragedy.

17 Likes

Well, those of you who were hoping for a vaccine in the dump arena…Forget about it Just more giffiting

7 Likes

T rumpp is demonstrating in broad daylight how he has driven so many of his businesses into bankruptcy. This time, however, it’s with OUR money, so he may be feeling a bit more cavalier.

9 Likes

Somebody is an investor in the company. Just a guess.

15 Likes

I, for one, WELCOME our new ShamWow vaccinators!

28 Likes

I was going with Ron Popeil, but I’m old school.

10 Likes

Ummmmm…haven’t we been down this deadend road a gazillion times already with IDIOTUS??

9 Likes

" US Bets On Untested Company To Deliver COVID-19 Vaccine"

Surprising WHO ?

5 Likes

“But wait! There’s more!!! Act now and you can receive 10 rolls of free paper towels that were not distributed by the President to the survivors of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico! The first 5,000 callers will receive DOUBLE the volume, FREE! All you pay is a significantly higher percentage of your income in taxes to support GOP tax cuts for society’s upper crust.”

18 Likes

Don’t put all your vaccines in the same rabbit.

4 Likes

Donnie may be one of Ronco’s biggest customers:

5 Likes

Trump is a ghoul. This is trading on American lives. The reporting on this had better be rigorous.

14 Likes

Did we taxpayers “invest” in the sense of trade the cash for equity or “invest” in the sense of giving them half a billion dollars and hoping things turn out well?

6 Likes

Let me be more specific. The Lincoln Project just found its most crucial mission:

To save Americans from Trump’s plan to mix the need to get a vaccine to his mania for filthy lucre.

EVERY individual working on this will have my support.

10 Likes

Just wondering if this is enough of a heads-up for all the Mesothelioma, Round-up, and Zantac late night tv lawyers to gear up with new ads?

3 Likes

Their needle will look similar to this:

5 Likes

They don’t have a stock or stock symbol that they trade under.
Jay S Walker is owner, CEO and Chairman of the company. His info:

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available