Under Oath, Ginni Thomas Stuck To Big Lie Script

She’ll never let go, Jack!

MAGA activist Ginni Thomas, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife, stuck to the Bie Lie even while testifying under oath in front of the House Jan. 6 Committee on Thursday, according to committee chair Bennie Thompson (D-MS).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1434079
1 Like

“I can guarantee that my husband has never spoken with me about pending cases at the Court,” Thomas said. “It’s an iron clad [sic] rule in our home.”

57 Likes

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." – Voltaire

50 Likes

“I can guarantee that my husband has never spoken with me about pending cases at the Court,”

Bullshit

47 Likes

“I can guarantee that my husband has never spoken with me about pending cases at the Court,” Thomas said. “It’s an iron clad [sic] rule in our home.”

It’s funny that TPM gives the [sic] to the spelling of “ironclad” that the Washington Post, quoting from her written version of her opening statement, does not.

9 Likes

19 Likes

Not surprising that Ginni Thomas still believes that the 2020 election was stolen. She still believes her husband did not sexually harass Anita Hill (and others). Self delusion is tenacious.

62 Likes

So she lied to the committee.

34 Likes

Not bullshit.

Totally leaves an opening that she talked to him about cases.

46 Likes

She claimed that the Supreme Court justice was “completely unaware” of her desperate texts to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows pleading with him to keep trying to overturn the election results.

Thomas also vaguely denied having influence over her husband’s deeply conservative decisions in the high court.

Will the transcript include how long it took for the committee to stop laughing?

50 Likes
34 Likes

J6: Did you believe that the election was stolen?
GT: YES!

J6: Do you STILL believe that the election was stolen?
GT: YES!

J6: Have you ever talked to your husband about the election that you believe was stolen?
GT: No.

People with brains: OK

63 Likes

Yes that is weird. I’m pretty sure “iron clad” is just as acceptable as “ironclad.” The nineteenth century ship was an “ironclad,” but that word is presumably archaic now.

12 Likes

It’s not lying if the government is overrun by demonic pizza pedos.

Just say’n.

28 Likes

Sure seems to this editor it ought to be “iron-clad.”

5 Likes

“…the man is independent and stubborn, with strong character traits of independence and integrity…”

Her views about a “stolen” election are sincere, I believe. She’s drunk the cool-aid along with all those other MAGA-land dupes.

But this is another kind of cool-aid, to believe this about her husband - a sort of personal loyalty cool-aid. Lots of us have that. He lied at his confirmation hearing and that fact will never change.

And she’s his wife. She’s as much to be pitied as well as scorned.

15 Likes

The “Big Lie” is best promoted by big liars - so Ginni steps up.

Bonus question:
What’s the difference between a republican mind and a trash receptacle?
(I don’t konw the answer and I’ll probably require a couple of clues to see the distinction).

8 Likes

Probably true. I use both American and British English, and I think in American English hyphenation is more common than in British English? Not sure though.

Wonder how she explained the texts to Meadows referring to ‘my best friend’.

Smug, self righteous people often give themselves away.

40 Likes

Talking to myself here… What an amazing marriage of best friends that never talk about percieved existential threats to the country, missions from God, work, or mental health for that matter.

50 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available