Two Proud Boys Members Convicted | Talking Points Memo

Two members of the far-right Proud Boys — an openly racist, Islamophobic, “western chauvinist” group known for engaging in violent street fights — were convicted Monday for a brawl that broke out outside of a New York City Republican club in October.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1243507

Careful what you wish for. Next, Proud Boys will become a prison gang.

14 Likes

a New York City Republican club

Q: Do you believe in clubs for Republicans?

A: Sure, but only when kindness fails.

53 Likes

Hopefully they’ll try to be autonomous because the Aryan Brotherhood are bound to “express” an opinion on that.

Does anybody know what kind of sentence they’re looking at?

7 Likes

Declarative.

30 Likes

Yeah, but Antifa is the only group committing any violence anywhere and should be names a Terrorist Orgaization…

…but guess what’s not on the front page of the website among the very top articles they’re pushing…

12 Likes

When you hear the name Metropolitan Republican Club you think of a clubby place with older gentleman and women sipping bourbon and chatting about Ike and TR.
It once had a honorable history with members like John Lindsey, Jacob Javits, Louis Lefkowitz, Bill Green and Roy Goodman. All of whom stood up to this kind of thuggish behavior.
It goes to show you what the Republican Party has become over the past 30-40 years. From the party of Lincoln and Ike to the party of these malcontents.

12 Likes

Correct title = Two Proud Boys Mobsters…

18 Likes

Is it just me, or does “Proud Boys” sound awfully Village-Peoplish…

37 Likes

Seems to me that any self-respecting prison gang members would laugh at the newbies who call themselves “boys”. But it will be interesting to watch.

7 Likes

80’s British New Wave…

8 Likes

I love her

And of course only Antifa is a terrorist group - they are leftists aren’t they?

17 Likes

The “justified” finding most likely means an acquittal “with respect to the lowest counts of attempted assault” against Kinsman. Sounds like a self-defense finding there.

3 Likes

I hear someone asking: And what are you so damn proud of?

As if from far away, inside concrete walls…

21 Likes

Wait Republicans have clubs? What kind of dance music do they play? Oh yes, Pence brings Mother along when they are feeling funky for Lawrence Welk night.

10 Likes

When Pence is feeling funky, he ditches Mother for the rent boys.

24 Likes

I was meaning more in the not-exactly-straight meaning as opposed to the music choice.

2 Likes

Nah…the Village People had intact self-esteem, uncrippled egos and were pretty damn secure in their manhood as far as I can tell.

31 Likes

And I was thinking, Boy George, Pet Shop Boys and Wham! I suspect we’re on the same page.

4 Likes

Or the Proud Boys. I am guessing from their name it means they don’t charge. Thrift and all that.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available