Two GOPers Lash Out At Notion That Ashli Babbitt Was A Martyr | Talking Points Memo

for old times sake …

7 Likes

Even Guantanamo just stuck with waterboarding, spreading Legos out on the floor of the interrogation room was too much even for them to stomach.

26 Likes

Now, now. When a woman goes through childbirth, she almost reaches the pain levels us men experience when we have a cold.

31 Likes

Well, for the dad at least…

20 Likes

Naw, this two are faking it in order to trick Speaker Pelosi into appointing them to the 1/6 Committee

6 Likes

Republican with a gun = patriot.

Anyone else with a gun = terrorist.

This is a lot like a great quote I read this morning in a piece by Tom Sullivan on Digby’s blog:

Pfeifer resurfaces a pithy Frank (not Francis) Wilhoit quote that distills Wallace’s assessment to just over 20 words: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

27 Likes

I know Mullin voted against certification.

Sen. Cramer voted to certify.

10 Likes

Yes. It is 100% true, 100% of the time.

8 Likes

Good lord…two of the FAR RIGHT are telling us what the TRUTH is? What is this world coming to???

8 Likes

too cowardly and treacherous to stand up for the White people who elect them

Yup, there it is. You gotta protect us poor little put-upon white people.

I am fine with treating those poor little MAGAs maggots the same way they treated Rosanne Boyland.

I’d also be fine with giving them a Darwin award.

7 Likes

Only someone who has would make the mistake of believing I was serious :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Now, it doesn’t mean a lot to call on someone to do a thing he can’t do, but JFC this is just hysterical nonsense.

36 Likes

Or can’t find the remote…

22 Likes

MAD Magazine was my reference book in the 1960s. You post reminded me of a spoof advertisement for crime training.

There were assorted satisfied customers and one conspicuous joker–dressed like a 1960s ad would dress a criminal–who boasted:

“I now jaywalk with no fear at all.”

11 Likes

And I’m going to hold my breath and stamp my feet until you do!

12 Likes

It’s exactly why Melania doesn’t hang out with him anymore.

6 Likes

In a clear example of cancel culture, the conservative House Freedom Caucus wants to remove Reps. Cheney and Kinzinger from the House GOP Conference for their participation in the Jan. 6 select committee.

Republicans continue to engage in practices they pretend to denounce.

— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) July 29, 2021
21 Likes

I have long wondered how long the fallout would last if sane GOP finally pulled away from Trump. I (unfortunately) think they would bounce back pretty quickly.

6 Likes

Yes their now-predictable flip-flopping WHILE doubling-down has them swapping out who the good guy with a gun is…when all other courses run dry for their arguments.

I liken all RWNJs now to someone totally off on some PCP/Angel Dust brain melt. They just keep thrashing, twisting, but unfortunately they never go limp from exhaustion and have a chance to reboot. Just the violent, unthinking, uncontrollable thrashing.

9 Likes

I have this perverse vision of Ashli Babbitt in martyr paradise surrounded by 72 virgin maidens, totally confused, and the only people she can ask about it are all named Mohammed.

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available