Two GOPers Lash Out At Notion That Ashli Babbitt Was A Martyr | Talking Points Memo

Nobody died about it but I will say he had an excellent sense of humor for some things and none at all for others.

14 Likes

Try Richard Nixon and the Southern Strategy.

18 Likes

Martyr does not always mean hero. Technically she was a martyr to the extent that she engaged in conduct (disobeying orders from police with drawn weapons to cease attacking the US Capital) that put her at risk of, and resulted in, her death in support of her firmly held (but destructive) political beliefs. However, at most she deserves pity, not praise. The 9/11 terrorists were “martyrs” since they sacrificed their lives for a cause they believed in. In those instances, rather than sympathy, we blame the person who engaged in the destructive behavior AND we blame the leader of the movement that led to their fanaticism. Same applies here - I wish that she had not been misled to support an attempted coup on the US government, but she did and suffered the consequences of her own actions and should be judged accordingly - and if anyone has blood on their hands it is not the police who did their job and prevented a coup - it is everyone who fomented her conduct (Trump, Fox news, OAN, Newsmax, and every politician who supported (and still supports) the idea the the 2020 election was illegitimate).

44 Likes

“Republicans are too cowardly and treacherous to stand up for the White people who elect them,” it read.

qeny0c1dxjv6kuvnqmp5

scrubs

9 Likes

I just checked Mullin’s bio, was a wrestler:

Mullin is a former Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter with a professional record of 5-0 and he was inducted into the Oklahoma Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2016. He remains active in the wrestling community and on any given weekend he can be found coaching his kids and other young people in tournaments across the country. Mullin also leads a bipartisan workout group every morning he is in Washington, bringing both Republicans and Democrats together in their dislike of burpees

I remember him as a plumber, and during his first term saying something about how he pays more taxes than those who are against him. And then there’s his first name: Markwayne. I guess if you attach ‘Wayne’ to another first name then that gets you off the potential serial killer list.

I wonder if Mullin lead Gym in doing burpees?

5 Likes

I believe there were those who did.

11 Likes

In Texas, it is called “the-sumbitch-needed- killing” defense.

23 Likes

I’m surprised they haven’t gotten around to framing George Floyd for her shooting yet. Would be perfectly on brand.

19 Likes

Speaking of the tide turning, just in the past few days Trump’s pick for a Texas congressional seat was defeated, and pretty much the entire party is ignoring his demands that they not vote for the infrastructure bill. Just paying him no mind. They’re moving on from a guy who can’t.

49 Likes

I’m curious if either Kramer or Mullins voted against certification…anybody know?

5 Likes

They shot the wrong people in their thinking. They took out someone who looked like them. Obviously it goes against the NRA gun safety instruction. It is stated only shoot people to of color or have been identified as a liberal or democrat.

14 Likes

Reconcile this, you dimwitted racist MAGA fools …

“shoot to kill” - those who were demonstrating against police brutality and systemic racism …
yes, - simply for “demonstrating” - or for that matter … for just being in the general vicinity of the “demonstration” … the demand was to - snuff the whole lot of them out!!

40 Likes

Who wants to hang with a Loser.

19 Likes

Guess not every GOPer in the Congress is willing to go along with the Big Lie… since they would have died too at the hands of Twitler’s mob.

9 Likes

Given their anti-Muslim bona fides you’d expect them to be wary of embracing a terrorist committing suicide for the cause but irony is clearly beyond them.

16 Likes

Yep Mullin voted against certification, but not Cramer.

12 Likes

There’s a hand visible in the video.

The nimrods (tx not included in that assessment) claiming the color seen in the video defines the race of the gun holder aren’t acknowledging that LE prefer their nitrile gloves in black.

I don’t know that the officer in question had gloves on, but is the video of sufficiently excellent quality to show that they didn’t?

11 Likes

Don’t forget Horst Wessel.

9 Likes

They didn’t read the fine print, because there is an exception for police officers. And yes the police do shoot and kill white people.

7 Likes

Worse. A gasp black man had the temerity to shoot a white woman in broad daylight (for breaking into the seat of government unlawfully and threatening the members of congress then disobeying direct commands to cease and desist).

26 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available