Two GOPers Lash Out At Notion That Ashli Babbitt Was A Martyr | Talking Points Memo

He’s not good at analogies. Remember the Skittles thing?

1 Like

Yeah, the infection rate has increased five fold in OK in the last month. They aren’t in MO, FL, or AR territory yet. Those states are going to give them a good rendition of what to expect when the crisis comes to them.

4 Likes

I believe I’ve read that a British soldier did that.

If you read the Guardian, they’ll tell you it was all a ‘man of the people’ act.

2 Likes

Sextrapreneurs

2 Likes

What part of my post didn’t you understand?

Ashli Babbit, Wascilly Wabbit, attacked congress, but couldn’t hack it.

(I am unclean)

1 Like

We’ve been hearing that for 4 years.

2 Likes

Also why ‘The Punisher’ was a guy named Frank Castle. :wink:

I do think the Kavanaugh confirmation debacle helped Trump cement his support among Republican partisans who were still skeptical of his commitment to the right wing agenda or who found him personally odious. Not backing down on someone who proved himself demonstrably un-judge-like in order to intensify red-blue tribal hatreds was smart politics for Trump and goes far to explain his successful takeover of the party. Democrats had no choice but to oppose boof Bret, he was and is clearly unqualified, but in retrospect the political fallout WAS disastrous for us and for the country.

3 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

In America, real leaders just drop the umbrella when they’re finished with it, and walk away. Same with people.

1 Like

Ashli Battitt was in the process of a felonious act. Shooting her was justified.

2 Likes

Uh, you may not have noticed, but I described her as a terrorist and the shooting as righteous.

3 Likes

So a good guy with a gun shoots a bad person with mayhem and murder in their heart … I guess I’m missing their point.

4 Likes

They’ve been caught in a riptide. The only way to get out is swim sideways out of the rip, and then come back to shore. Some are figuring it out. The rest are going to end up floaters.

3 Likes

Tourism sure is turning into some rough trade,

1 Like

And the thing is, if you encounter a rip tide or a shark or a bear, you have to know how to handle that, and the solutions take a fair degree of nerve. They don’t know what to do, and they’re cowards. So they’re looking at a bad day.

3 Likes

Well, they were definitely ready for bear. I’m still not buying why there was no National Guard presence on site. Optics, my ass. They knew the militia mutts were showing up.

3 Likes

I’m tired of hearing them called the party of Lincoln. Abe would have been a democrat just as the solid south bolted to the Republicans. Equal rights apparently was a step too far. Lincoln fought people like them. Kicked butt too.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available