Two Former GOP Lawmakers Endorsing Biden: Trump Is ‘No Republican’ | Talking Points Memo

Two former Republican lawmakers have joined the ranks of Republicans endorsing Democratic nominee Joe Biden for president.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1334365

Putting what little money I have these days on the idea that Trump doesn’t even know these people.

15 Likes

What these guys have to say is mostly righteous, but don’t talk about wonderful republican values or claim Chump isn’t the leader of The Reptiles. Look around you…your party skedaddled. And if they do ever re-aggregate it will be the same dirtbag playbook Rs been working from almost 50 years. Just with even less sincerity this time.

11 Likes

Trump does not really know anybody unless they make money for him.:wink:

4 Likes

Heck, I’m not so sure I even know these people…

4 Likes

This is sweet, check it out… I have been very surprised at how much our misogynistic toxicly-masculine society and Chump cult was all stoopid white men - when a great quantity of the “Karens” type stuff and the screaming about masks and race, and calling the cops on black people has been women.

Here’s a nice ‘Women’s’ group from Kenosha

10 Likes

Yet note their main objections to him have to do with his personal character (and by implication his sinking ship) rather than policies.

There are certainly schizms and splits within the Republican party but Trump tears the mask off (literally and figuratively) their favored policies and core values* – policies and values the majority would not approve if they saw them clear – and is generally proving bad for sales so the old guard, and no doubt many of their plutocratic backers, wants a change.

*“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time.” — Frank Wilhoit

7 Likes

…we should be Trump’s biggest supporters…

Dafuq does that mean? “We’re heinous little zits on the butt of life, but we’ve decided to do the right thing just this once?”

1 Like

Someone please remind me why she’s not behind bars. Horrid people, all of them.

16 Likes

The duo, who have said they “should be among Donald Trump’s biggest supporters,”

That raises an interesting question: “Why, exactly?”

Are they strong believers in incompetence, narcissism, pathological lying, sexual predation, criminal enterprises, rising death tolls, wannabe Third World dictators, unvarnished deep-seated hate for humanity? Or, perhaps, they feel they should be admiring his bad qualities.

3 Likes

“Except for the part where he won our primary. And the election as a Republican. And 50+ Republican Senators protecting him from removal via impeachment.”

9 Likes

That is sort of all one needs to know to vote Trump out!

4 Likes

That was a plain-spoken ass-whuppin’ by two former-congressmen who won’t be voting for Trump. Hoping that helps shave several hundred or even thousands of votes from Dolt45’s tally in November.

3 Likes

Tax cuts for the wealthy. And apart from that, tax cuts for the wealthy. There’s also the time that taxes on the wealthy were cut.

8 Likes

In another little-noticed announcement, a Dr. Victor Frankenstein of Switzerland released the following statement:

The monster which now stalks our peaceful burgs is made of dead people. Dead people who someone or other dug up and stitched together, then making so bold as to crank the ungodly abomination skyward until a lightning bolt brought it to hideous life.

Castle Frankenstein now suggests supporting other monsters, or even regular joes who just have funny foreheads. How this other guy got loose we may never know.

Godspeed, and vote “All Natural” this year.

2 Likes

This is great, but does anyone know of a current Republican office holder saying he or she will vote for Biden? I’d like to hear it form someone with something to lose.

7 Likes

Objection! Assumes guts without evidence!

3 Likes

Precisely

1 Like

Oh wait, none of those voters, none of those Senators, none of them were actually Real Republicans."

I see some golden fucking statue of Ronald Fucking Reagan sitting there in a vault. Or, let’s be realistic, a shrine. and it is the ONE AND ONLY True Republican ever to exist. Anything else is objectively an imposter.

2 Likes

Never happen. Current Republican office holders are terrified of the monster they helped create. At least we can shame them and take away their jobs in the voting booth.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available