Two Former GOP Lawmakers Endorsing Biden: Trump Is ‘No Republican’ | Talking Points Memo

Their stated reasons for not supporting moron any longer speak for themselves and they are in fact talking about his policies towards dictators and coddling them.

“Childish name-calling, crude behavior and immature narcissism is unwarranted in any adult, let alone our president,” the former GOP lawmakers wrote.

The former GOP congressmen further expressed discontent about alienation from global democracies as demonstrated by Trump’s efforts to cozy up to the world’s dictators.

“Trump professes kinship with dictators such as Russia’s Vladimir Putin and even expressed love for North Korean despot Kim Jong Un

may pretend to be heir to the great Republican tradition that appealed to us both but he is no Republican. He is simply an ill-formed man who lacks basic self-control and shows no semblance of inner character,”

4 Likes

The mother of a murderer. She must be so proud. I was a Republican a long, long time ago, and after reading this, I just can’t shower enough. What the FUCK is wrong with these people? She raised a fucking murderer and drove with him from Antioch to Kenosha to commit murder. As far as I’m concerned, she aided and abetted. She’s a goddamn accessory. These jackhammering brownshirts are terrorists.

13 Likes

“We want to go back to the way things were, when we acted with the utmost civility while accepting bribes from tobacco, oil and pharmaceutical companies to fool our constituents into not believing in science and grabbing power with both fists.”

3 Likes

Here’s another good look, on a liberal aggregator site, from Sophia Tesfaye at Salon.

There is nobody at the helm. I would settle for Jeebus taking the wheel. Schumer, Warren, somebody? The Lincoln Project is putting up more of a fight. I haven’t seen a single ad for any Dem other than Biden here in WI. And his campaign isn’t the problem. It’s that he is going it alone. Salon didn’t have a much more complimentary photo for their headline, but it telegraphs haplessness on both sites.

That’s right. If you’re a big earner for the family, he’s fine with you. If you’re just a street soldier or an associate who happens to get caught and then becomes a witness against you, well, you’re not around for long.

1 Like

No they are just saying this: Hey, Trump supporters, look at us, we should support him since we’re rightwing too but we don’t.

They aren’t trying to move in next door or marry your daughter* - they are just two more Repuglicans for Biden and I’ll take them.

*anyone who gets that reference and can quote the whole line wins all kinds of imaginary prizes.

5 Likes

I’m happy to have their endorsements, but when they say Trump “is no Republican” they are wrong. In fact, Trump is all that Republican Party is and now stands for.

7 Likes

They aren’t talking to you. The are trying to reach other GOP voters.

4 Likes

Let’s be clear: you don’t have to be a Democrat, or support Democratic candidates in general, to be anti-Trump. This looks to be the basis for a growing split in the republican party between Trump supporters and the remainder of the traditional Republican party of everyone from Hoover to Pappy Bush.

Basically, Trump is a RINO who is simply an agent for himself with a posse of right wing followers. He’s also a supporter of the democratic form of government in name only, and is rapidly moving on from that as he looks closer to losing the election.

2 Likes

Weird. You’d think, were Trump not a “real Republican” that wouldn’t be necessary.

1 Like

Jesus, you need to return to earth to see what your followers are doing and remind them that they have subverted your teachings.

2 Likes

The boy is SCARED to death he is with those who he hates.In protective custody no less but I’m quite sure he is hearing the threats.

2 Likes

I’m really happy you two guys are supporting Joe Biden, but you are sadly and naively mistaken:

Donald Trump is the epitome of what the Republican Party has been since 1932. It is not a modern aberration; they have always been this way, and Donald Trump is the leader they have dreamed of in their masturbatory fantasies.

I wish the Lincoln Project, which I am also glad is helping to defeat Biden, would also wake up and smell the fucking covfefe.

2 Likes

The Lincoln Project is trying to save the brand they’ve put so much time and money into.

2 Likes

No doubt but if you think I’m trying to stick up for the GOP you’re wrong.

However I do not look gift endorsements in the mouth either.

4 Likes

My point being, pretty much, that Republicans can actually call Trump a menace, and a threat, and unfit, without going to the blatant falsehood of “not a real Republican”.

But, like the LP, they’re too loyal to the brand to leave that lie behind.

1 Like

Yes I get your point and it’s a valid point for this board but not for GOP endorsements that seek other GOP voters and asks them to really look.

You and I are just as prone to reflexively support and vote for Democrats regardless of how Democratic they really are when there is no other choice too. At least I am I am a Democrat. I want that D to count no matter if it’s an anti-choice D if that’s all there is because I don’t like voting for Repugs because I don’t like them. Well there are voters don’t like voting for Ds and will reflexively vote for a Repuglican even when they don’t like them or think they are true Repugs. Do I really have to explain something this simple over two endorsements?

Jeez, I’m sorry I’m ever positive about anything sometimes.

2 Likes

I think the governor of my state of Massachusetts is a virtual certainty on that front. Don’t know that he’s explicitly said so, but given the rest of what he’s said, I can’t imagine he’ll be pulling that particular lever.

2 Likes

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”

Matthew 7:21-23

1 Like

Now I’m a liberal, but to a degree
I want everybody to be free
But if you think I’d let Barry Goldwater
Move in next door or marry my daughter
You must think I’m crazy!
I wouldn’t let him do it for all the farms in Cuba!

Bob Dylan-“I Shall Be Free #10
Oddly, I was thinking about the first “I Shall Be Free” just this morning.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available