Twitter Users Blast Politico For Giving Ben Shapiro The Keys To Playbook Newsletter | Talking Points Memo

My condolences.

There’s a YouTube clip from “The Equalizer” where Denzel Washington mangles three or four of them in a few seconds, if you’d enjoy seeing that.

2 Likes

Simple: you don’t.

If what they are saying is lies, don’t cover THEM, cover the fact that they’re lying.

2 Likes

This sounds like a movie I need to see.

1 Like

Ben Shapiro is such an asshole that professional assholes see him and exclaim, “Now, that’s an asshole, boys!”

5 Likes

OK. Hope you like your violence stylish.

2 Likes

I do like my violence stylish and with a clear moral imperative. Unfortunately clip does not play.

1 Like

Ah. does it give you the “Watch on YouTube” link? Should play there.

1 Like

I have followed Judd Legum on Twitter for a while. He has opened a whole can of worms.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Oddly, I hadn’t noticed it before, but your post made me realize that Cruz and Shapiro are like the Christo-Fascist and Judeo-Fascist sides of the same coin. They’d be the same person but for the Yarmulkes with John Galt quotes on them.

2 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

I need to watch that haha…so many elbows, so little time. I think he might even have Segal beaten with that scene in terms of abused joints.

1 Like

1 Like

Check it out. The character is so formidable that you watch it for the balletic flow of it, not to see who wins. Robert McCall is going to win, no matter how many guys he’s taking on, just like the pyroclastic flow from a volcano is going to win, be it one guy or three or seven standing there.

1 Like

Haha…how many are there? I’ve been thinking about a John Wick marathon too, since I haven’t seen those either and Cyberpunk 2077 has me on a Keanu high…

I’d never even heard of John Wick, although The Equalizer was familiar from the show back in the, what, Eighties? This is a different animal. Denzel has always had an amazing energy and presence on screen and this is no exception, even though the character is hyper-disciplined and restrained as a person.

2 Likes

John Wick is Keanu in some over the top badass action and seems to have a bit of a cult following I guess. He does many of his own stunts and has apparently put in a great deal of martial arts training for it too so that it’s very realistic in terms of fight scenes/moves. Probably somewhat different than Equalizer if Denzel is sticking with the smooth talking, cool headed badass vibe.

1 Like

I’d suggest watching a fight scene from either Equalizer film. The character is restrained because he’s not entirely comfortable with his incredible badness with his hands and every form of weapon, traditional or improvised. He was a government assassin who gave it up for his now-dead wife but in his haunted widowerhood he decided other people were getting abused and he could help so it’s Hello Mayhem Where Ya Been? Seriously watch one fight and you’ll get the idea.

2 Likes

Ben Shapiro: another rightwing man-child who gets off on victimhood and saying shit that will “make liberals lose their minds”.
No, Ben. You’re a transparent craven fuck supporting a gaggle of craven fucks. Nothing you say means anything, and you have to contrive some “look at me; they hate me 'cause I’m right” bullshit on top of that to mollify your own fragile ego, dipshit.

1 Like

Yes, though over the years, (or at least they used to be), they have placed some very good “inside baseball” articles on republican behind the scenes stuff.

Year ago when I used to read them at least semi regularly, it always struck me by how badly they did the behind the scenes Democratic stuff, especially when they were so good at similar GOP stuff. Then I met a few of their reporters. They all had a gazillion republican contacts on their phones and knew nobody in Democratic circles.

I used to joke about a writer here on TPM, who use to pen a near endless stream of “What if they sky is falling” articles on Dems, that he basically just went to a local bar and hung out with his republican friends and then wrote up all of their drunken opinions as “anonymous Dem sources” type stuff. And then I met Politico reporters and found out…“Holy shit, that IS what they do!”

3 Likes