Twitter Users Blast Politico For Giving Ben Shapiro The Keys To Playbook Newsletter | Talking Points Memo

Twitter users swiftly expressed their confusion over Politico’s decision to let conservative commentator Ben Shapiro take the reigns of its popular “Playbook” newsletter on Thursday morning — a day after the House voted to impeach President Trump for the second time.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354634
1 Like

trolls love the backlash it is why they troll

19 Likes

Parasites.

Social Parasites

7 Likes

Being a Politico, among other places, reader, I read Shapiro’s Playbook earlier this morning. I was offended at all his slippery apologetics for Republican lies, distortions, and deceits. According to Shaprio, its all the left/liberal/Dems fault that Trump had to do these things and that Republicans had to defend his attacks on election integrity, the Capitol, etc. Makes me really sick to see a Jewish neo-Nazi cut from the same vicious racist cloth as Stephen Miller, the Jewish Goebbels.

18 Likes

“Reins,” not “reigns.”

7 Likes

36 Likes

Be fair. It is a coronation of sorts.

4 Likes

He’s such a dweeby little fuck.

17 Likes

He’s pwned the libs, so score!!

Seriously though, why does Twitter have to give warnings that content is disputed but newspapers just print the lies in the name of bothsiderism??? Shouldn’t there be at least a caveat before the column??

17 Likes

One more thing
fuck Politico
not the first time they’ve pulled nonsense like this

15 Likes

Maybe their click count was down?

8 Likes

The normalization begins as terror becomes just another left/right disagreement — Hitler had his tanks, Bernie has his Prius, etc etc etc.

23 Likes

Most sentient people who own homes and go to hardware stores know the difference between zip ties used for say the back of their home theater or computer and the type of restraints used by law enforcement and the wannabe paramilitaries who invaded the capitol.

21 Likes

Tiger Beat On The Potomac screws up again…

11 Likes

Just yesterday I remember shouting downstairs to the wife that we were almost out of zip ties!

She could barely hear me down there in the basement over all the screaming.

13 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

@generalsternwood : [The normalization begins as terror becomes just another left/right disagreement — Hitler had his tanks, Bernie has his Prius, etc etc etc.]

A most important point.

That’s why we need a new Administration, a new A.G., new DOJ, a new FBI, a new DNI.

And we desperately need a new Dem messaging strategy.

One thing that the GOP has always held over us is messaging.

(1) We are heterogeneous, they are homogeneous
(2) We require stoking up, they do not
(3) We–because we are flexible–are not slaves to deep-seated thinking, they ARE

Finally, we desperately need to be on the offensive.

ALL.THE.TIME.

8 Likes

“Literally every regular human I know owns zip ties.”

oooohhhkayyy. . . . how many of those “regular humans” walk around with bundles of zip ties for no clear reason?

Do you run into them jogging or at the mall and they just happen to be carrying zip ties, just in case they need them for . . . something?

How about he defend Molotov cocktails with the same logic-- “literally every regular human I know owns bottles and gasoline and old rags.”

11 Likes

Is he the BEN who wanted AOC to take off her dominatrix boots and smush his mouth with her naked feet? That was one of the weirdest posts I have ever read – and “I” am ‘into’ the weird.

I think POLITICO needs to find a ‘regular’ type reporter to produce PLAYBOOK. There ‘has’ to be somebody.

3 Likes

Just another slimy right wing welfare queen, enamoured of his own lies and inspiring others to violence from the safety of his mom’s basement.

4 Likes