Twitter Suspends Several Accounts Promoting MAGA Audits, Including AZ Audit’s Official Page | Talking Points Memo

Twitter has suspended several accounts related to politicized “audits” of 2020 election results around the country, including the official account of the audit in Arizona.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382638
1 Like

Behavior, including misbehavior, has consequences.

4 Likes

Even if you’re cute kids like us?

3 Likes

Awww, won’t someone think of the sock puppets!

12 Likes

About damn time.

12 Likes

FRee spEaCh squisHed bY ageNt of the FederAL GoverNmenT, Twitter.

12 Likes

Slightly OT, but a month or so ago, a colleague who works on the Hill posted on her personal FB page a series of FBI photos of 1/6 terrorists, in which the agency was asking for help identifying them. I replied to her that it is hard to scrutinize the faces of these losers. FB deleted my comment and sent me a warning that I had engaged in hate speech. I appealed and lost. So, it’s hard to understand how these rules are being applied and the SM platforms could certainly be more transparent if they want to be effective.

11 Likes

This is yesterday’s news.

4 Likes

“AZ Senate GOP audit liaison Ken Bennett say he’s been trying for 2 days to rein in ‘the committee’ running audit Twitter feed.”

The Central Committee of the Republican Party of the Soviet Arizonan Republic.

13 Likes

Progress is slowing being made, but that’s the nature of our governmental structure. See:

It still is a case by case approach, and a first (conservative) effort, but it does represent an effort and I’d like to read the proposed law for misrepresenting health issues on FB or other social media platforms see if they can be applied to other situations such as the lies and misinformation regarding the basis for the audits. The details of why Twitter suspended accounts sounds reasonable. Perhaps regulations are slowly catching up with these platforms.

5 Likes

Yup, cute or ugly, it applies.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, let the screaming about ‘cancel culture’ commence…

4 Likes

As a Maricopa County resident whose ballot has actually been examined at least 15 times now (but only once for my actual vote), I was following this fever dream avidly, hoping for something - anything - to come out that would show how fucking dumb these people are. But I realize now it is going to just peter out after another million dollars or so and the true believers will all say it proved something about the election and the rest of us will just shake out heads and weep silently for the overwhelming stupid of it all.

13 Likes

“The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out . . .”

4 Likes

And then you’ll get to pay for the privilege of replacing the machines that have now been tampered with in an effort to prove the unprovable.

Ya gotta love politics… [/s]

8 Likes

Logan recently appeared in a conspiracy theory film about the audit and voter fraud that starred Patrick Byrne, ex-Overstock.com CEO and a major funder of the audit effort. In addition to an interview with Logan, the documentary crew got up-close access to ballot boxes.

Just to reiterate, no credible election audit firm would participate in a documentary on election audits while still conducting said audit. Its such a basic conflict of interest that it seems silly that we have to state it out loud.

We’ve all known that this fraudit has been a clown show from the beginning, but it appears Logan and Cyberninjas has stopped even trying to not appear partisan and biased.

7 Likes

Not sure I agree with that. I can easily imagine PBS Frontline doing a documentary about election audits in which they interview people engaged in an ongoing audit to get information about the process, the mechanics, the stress on workers, possibly looking at whether there’s a clear partisan bias among the workers or managers, etc. All of that looks more like transparency than conflict of interest to me.

The “documentary” Logan was in is problematic because the docu itself was pushing a specific outcome of the audit.

2 Likes

So a president who never once in four years gained majority support really won? And this is gonna prove it? Seems almost normal by now, but I still can’t believe they’re going with that.

2 Likes

With all the sincerity of an abused spouse claiming, “you just don’t understand them like I do”.

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity, you didn’t use one of them bamboo ballots, did you?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available