Tucker Carlson Doesn’t Know What Buffalo Shooter’s Talking About With All This Crazy ‘Great Replacement’ Stuff

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Monday night tried to put up a wall between himself and a gunman’s alleged motive for opening fire in a Black neighborhood’s grocery store in Buffalo.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1415090
1 Like

Carlson was on a roll last night. Here he is, going after Dan Crenshaw.

29 Likes

Man who screams “FIRE” in a crowded theater is shocked that audience members are trampled and killed in the panic that follows.

Tucker Carlson has to believe himself the victim. Victimhood is just sooooo much easier than being a responsible broadcaster.

54 Likes

Re this:

“Fed boy summer has started in Buffalo,” Rogers wrote in a Telegram post on Saturday after the attack.

I read somewhere on Twitter on Sunday that in the past Rogers has approvingly described white nationalists as “Feds.” There were some screenshots of those posts. I don’t know what to make of that, but if that’s indeed the case, Rogers may actually have been more approving of what happened in Buffalo than what people are assuming.

34 Likes

There’ve been two interpretations of her statement - both on opposite ends of the spectrum. I defy anyone to get the real truth out of her or her office.

20 Likes

Sentencing for ex-Florida tax official and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) buddy Joel Greenberg has been delayed again as he continues to cooperate with the Justice Department’s sex trafficking investigation into Gaetz.

Gaetz probably has trouble sleeping at night, knowing some real Ammon Bundy style justice awaits him. DOJ is dropping the hammer big time. Yeah. Uh huh. It’s coming. Any year now. Maybe a decade. But soon. Ish.

21 Likes

“Why should I change my behavior? There are no repercussions.” - friend’s teenage daughter, and the Republican party for the last 40 years.

35 Likes

Yes–and neither is something an elected official should be saying.

17 Likes

True dat - I’m not seeing any justification for either side. But I’d like her to commit to one or the other.

In the meantime, to our Hivers in NC and PA and wherever primaries are happening today - don’t let this opportunity go by to let the candidates know where you stand.

We have a pretty good rabble rouser in my area here in Wisconsin who’s run for office before and gotten trounced, but she announced this morning she’s going to try and run again and is looking for signatures for her petition. I let her know I would sign, knowing full well she will lose again due to gerrymandering.

7 Likes

Lie then deny.

28 Likes

There are too many tapes of his diatribes on this topic. Nope. Not buying it.

Fox News suddenly goes quiet on ‘great replacement’ theory after Buffalo shooting | Buffalo shooting | The Guardian

The absence of coverage of the motive was revealing, given Fox News’s most popular host, Tucker Carlson, has pushed the concept of replacement theory in more than 400 of his shows – and has arguably done more than anyone in the US to popularize the racist conspiracy.

54 Likes

I know many on here who think the abortion rights movement will sway these elections and there are those of us who insist the distractions of celebrity news will overwhelm.

I present this evidence of the latter:

America more interested in Depp-Heard trial than abortion (axios.com)

4 Likes

"nothing more than “a rambling pastiche of slogans and Internet memes."

Isn’t this exactly what Carlson does himself?

40 Likes

BlaMinG tucker FOR PROmoting replaceMENt theorY is nONsense. DemoCrats ARE acTUALLY proMOTing REPlaceMEnt THEORy bY rePLacinG WHite PEOPle with DEMOcrat Voters in ORDER to STeaL ELECtions!

24 Likes

Shorter Tucker Carlson: anyone who exercises their First Amendment rights to criticize my past statements is violating my First Amendment rights. I have the right to espouse Nazi-esque philosophy and you have the right to remain silent.

43 Likes

Carlson didn’t directly address the replacement conspiracy

Conservatives have been wrong for a very long time.

9 Likes

The presentation of events as some sort of binary choice demonstrates Carlson’s contempt for his audience.

Also, Carlson wants his viewers to know that they’re the real victims here. The Fox host accused his critics of using the shooting as a “pretext” to stifle free speech.

A traumatized community, shot, and murdered people are not the real victims? His viewers who equate violence with free speech are the victims? How anyone can take him seriously will forever be outside my ability to understand.

28 Likes

Federal Election Commission deadlocks, won’t punish Trump | AP News

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Federal Election Commission has decided not to take action against former President Donald Trump after commissioners deadlocked over whether his campaign broke the law by masking how it was spending cash during the 2020 campaign.
The practice has long been considered against the law. But in recent years, the FEC, which is evenly split between Democrats and Republicans, has frequently deadlocked on major decisions such at this one.

31 Likes

His next monologue:

“Look folks, I’m the real victim here.”

15 Likes

GMTA. I was gonna post that also too.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available