Trump's Obsession With Violence Becomes More Explicit

Good thing climate change is a hoax. Oh, no wait. The latest line of criminal bullshit lies from the oil industry is that the climate changes all the time, has nothing to do with us and there’s nothing we can do, so ignore it. If this was a sane world, oil executives would be sitting in prison for life.

8 Likes

Biden’s the Al Borland to Trump’s Tim “ the Tool Man” Taylor.

4 Likes

most magats do not know the what 'CLIMATE’a is…

4 Likes

Trump only has violence to run on.
His brain is as empty as his suit.
His record proves someone has to dig him out, and than shut up, so he can take credit for the recovery.

10 Likes

The sick fuck threw chicken tenders at the Alabama-Georgia game.

21 Likes

I’ll always remember Kris Kristofferson as someone kind to a young woman, who (whether you agreed with her at the time or not) was right, spoke truth to power, and paid the consequences.

49 Likes

I think the difference is that MANY of the extreme events are happening concurrently.

12 Likes

I read the WaPo article detailing the incredible destruction in Swannanoa, N.C. OMG.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/09/29/helene-wnc-storm-north-carolina/

13 Likes

47 Likes

I originally read his name as Jeremy Failson. (If the shoe fits! :roll_eyes:)

18 Likes

The mods could at least remind the audience, after every egregious Vance lie, that “the rules preclude us from fact checking in real time.”

20 Likes

Yup, same here in New York north country (USDA Zone 3). No signs yet of the mosquitoes abating. Seems to be a reasonably good year for monarch butterflies. And we are still eating arugula from the garden every day.

15 Likes

Biden doesn’t feel compelled to say, “hey. look at me! I’m doing my job!”

36 Likes

Bravery is hard. If we had more of it, there’d be fewer Donold Trumps

17 Likes

43 Likes

prior to the construction of the TVA dams…that area was flooded every year.

25 Likes

VP debate : CBS News, the host of the debate, has abdicated its fact-checking responsibilities, in a concession to the Trump-Vance

CBS should do what it knows it has to do. They must push back against lies from Vance or Walz, telling the viewing audience,

“We promised not to fact-check them as long as they refrained from knowingly lying. You, the voters, have a right to know, and we, the media, are responsible for letting you know when candidates or elected officials try to influence you with purported facts they know are lies.”

9 Likes

I’d respond but i have to go recycle all these plastic bottles now.

5 Likes

Trump says, “You’ll be okay.” Oh, really?

The fallout from the devastation caused by Hurricane Helene is entering the political arena, with Vice President Kamala Harris and her allies using former president Donald Trump’s comments about the hurricane to attack him and highlight his alleged ties to a conservative plan to end government weather forecasts.

At a rally Friday in Walker, Mich., Trump said he was thinking of those in Alabama and other states hit by the storm. “We’re with you all the way, and if we were there, we’d be helping you,” he said. “You’ll be okay.”

KamalaHQ, the Harris campaign’s X account, immediately shared the video clip with its roughly 1.3 million followers, suggesting that the former president was downplaying a deadly disaster and showing a lack of empathy.

“You’ll be okay,” the tweet read, along with the parenthetical note, “(Dozens of deaths have already been reported).”

On and off social media, the campaign and its supporters also hammered Trump for denying human-caused climate change, which scientists say may be allowing hurricanes such as Helene to rapidly intensify. In addition, Harris allies highlighted that Project 2025 — the road map for a second Trump administration drafted by conservative think tanks in Washington — would privatize weather forecasting now done by federal agencies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/09/29/trump-hurricane-helene-be-okay/

18 Likes

If Donald Trump gets his way their won’t be any National Weather Service or FEMA. What’s he going to do then?

19 Likes