Trump's Obsession With Violence Becomes More Explicit

The sick fuck was giving free food to his adoring fans.

He was wearing a suit. AT A COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME.

Tim Walz also attended a college football game (Michigan v. Minnesota).

Note to Georgia Bulldog fans: the sick fuck’s presence at the game caused your team to lose, so vote for Kamala Harris!

24 Likes

Indiana example. I read (and really wish I had saved) an article in Outdoor Indiana about 1990, topic tornado fatalities. The number in the 20th century to that point was around 300, and all but a dozen or so died in April between 5p and 9p. Most deaths had also been in super-outbreaks, like Palm Sunday, 1965, or the 1974 super outbreak. But it’s different now. We get tornados at any time of day or night, and any month of the year. Even though the forecasting has improved by orders of magnitude people still die because they don’t hear the sirens at 3a. That’s all changed just in my lifetime.

12 Likes

Mod (interrupts Vance): “Senator i’m going to have to stop you to give Governor Walz a chance to fact check that… Governor, proceed”

7 Likes

Those who doubt it should look to the wave of abortion restrictions in the wake of Dobbs – and of the Taliban’s recent crackdowns in Afghanistan.

Apropos of nothing, it’s interesting that men can only maintain their “natural superiority” by imposing restrictions on women.

31 Likes

Rayne Beau knew who his family was and was determined to return to them no matter the disrance. His chip under his skin allowed for his reunification with his peeps… his people. A lot of people underestimate critter intelligence. Critters may have different needs and drives but they aren’t stupid. I know this from my experience with many different animals. Horses, sheep, rabbits snakes, cats, dogs and more. I’m glad Rayne Beau got home.

21 Likes

Ted Cruz rebrands for a tight race in Texas

His ads are laughable. Quite literally.
One has a young boy and girl framed separately as the ad opens to-- “Boys and Girls Are Different” in text below.

The add goes on to blame Colin Allred for allowing boys into girls locker rooms and on girls sports teams.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen any political ads with weaker sauce than Cruz’s ads.

===========
ETA-- located it on YouTube–

===========

Thought I’d post one of Colin’s I saw on the same broadcast yesterday–

Know who I want as my Senator!

23 Likes

“Trump seems to have a visceral personal reaction to the prospect of violence…”

As do most citizens. Most abhor it. Some delight in it.

3 Likes

If wishes were fishes we’d all have fishing poles.

7 Likes

Helene has gotten me thinking a lot about the TVA. The Army Corps of Engineers should once again have its hands full in the southern Appalachians over the next decade. Also, it’s fortunate that Biden’s infrastructure bill already has mechanisms and funding in place that will aid the region.

In New England, a lot of today’s bridges, road locations and designs, and river levees and the like owe their existence to the 1938 New England Hurricane, which wreaked terrible destruction. Here in western MA the infrastructure bill is helping to fund the replacement of those bridges in particular. After all, all that infrastructure is about 80 years old.

34 Likes

Who is that supposed to be on the poop deck of the uss Sugar Daddy?

2 Likes

They got nothing except necklaces and visions of Ayatollahs.

More to the point, Trump has some pretty expensive wristwatches, a Rolex and Patek for sure.

The rules are different for women.

29 Likes

Objection! Both his brain and his suit are full of shit.

12 Likes

CBS is out of line here and have abdicated their journalistic responsibilities. The only saving grace here is that JD isn’t quite the pathological liar Trump is, and can’t quite pull it off with conviction. I can see him getting rattled.

14 Likes
13 Likes

Nope. Because they’re having way too much fun joyously doing the electric slide.

7 Likes

When I read the article, that was my first thought.

But apparently the cat knew he didn’t belong there and immediately ran for home.

3 Likes
19 Likes

Only what the windmills had already laid low. Windmill kill birds…

2 Likes

I couldn’t read the linked Rolling Stone article, but I found another summary of it here: https://www.sportskeeda.com/us/music/what-happened-toby-keith-kris-kristofferson-altercation-story-willie-nelson-s-70th-birthday-explored-wake-country-star-s-death

The supposed altercation between the two singers took place at Willie Nelson’s 70th birthday concert.

Hawke didn’t mention Keith by his name in the article. However, he wrote that a star who “had a monster radio hit about bombing America’s enemies back into the Stone Age” allegedly confronted Kris.

At the time of writing the article, Toby Keith was incredibly popular for his 2002 song Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue (The Angry American) from Unleashed. The song was his response to the 9/11 terror attacks.

According to Hawke, this unnamed musician, who was thought to be Toby Keith, went up to Kris Kristofferson, who was backstage. The musician reportedly told him, “None of that lefty sh*t out there tonight, Kris.”

In response, the For the Good Times lyricist reportedly said, “What the f*ck did you just say to me?” When Toby allegedly added, “You heard me,” and then started walking away, Kris reportedly riled up further and stated, “Don’t turn your back to me, boy.”

Keith seemingly replied that he didn’t want any problems and just wanted Kristofferson to “tone it down.” Meanwhile, the latter, who was a retired Army Ranger and helicopter pilot, reportedly hit back by asking if he had ever worn his “country’s uniform.”

“You ever worn your country’s uniform? Don’t ‘What?’ me, boy! You heard the question. You just don’t like the answer. Have you ever served your country? The answer is, no, you have not. Have you ever killed another man? Have you ever taken another man’s life and then cashed the check your country gave you for doing it? No, you have not. So shut the f*ck up… you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.”

Apparently Kristofferson’s wife also remembers this happening, even though he said he didn’t.

It also amazes me that someone would tell someone else to cut out the “lefty shit” at a Willie Nelson birthday party.

51 Likes

Pray away the storms of course.

10 Likes