Trump's Authoritarian Promise Is Distilled Into A Single Paragraph

Originally published at: Trump’s Authoritarian Promise Is Distilled Into A Single Paragraph

Good morning — it’s John and Nicole today. David will be back on Tuesday. As always: a lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Stop the Steal 2.0 cranks into a higher gear Donald Trump stepped off stage in Wisconsin Saturday and blasted…

1 Like

Woohoo! Frist!

59 Likes

Brave WSJ write an editorial that is SO stupid nobody will sign it
Opinion | Trump’s Best Idea: Unleashing Elon Musk on Government (msn.com)

Opinion | Trump’s Best Idea: Unleashing Elon Musk on Government

Opinion by The Editorial Board

53 Likes

109 Likes

The whole MM is disturbing on so many different levels, as it’s intended to be.

The most disturbing is that the polls are calling the POTUS race as statistically tied. It’s ludicrous to think that TIFBG is even a serious contender let along a lead character in the race. We have some serious issues to contend with in this country, even if he loses. If he wins, it won’t even be a question that we’re done for.

How damaged must the electorate be to even consider this guy? And, if TIFBG doesn’t fall down on the floor drooling Tuesday night, he will still (by some talking heads) be designated the winner of the debate. You watch. Harris will do a phenomenal job but, as always, she’ll work twice as hard to get half as far and the drooling MSM will fall over themselves, declaring her the loser and she should just drop out now.

93 Likes

Trump’s real Project 2025 was written for him in Moscow by Vladimir Putin’s men (inquirer.com)

41 Likes

Another new band? There are so many new musicians.
I can’t keep up.

3 Likes

41 Likes

Yep. That is why Biden, and then Harris, should have denied him legitimacy. It would have been the easiest, least risky way to go; and rightfully said that he has no business on the same stage with loyal Americans after his coup attempt, and nearly 100 felony charges including espionage.

Let him howl, let 'em scream…but you keep getting to say the guy is a felon, a traitor, and a menace to our govt. and constitution as well as a national security risk. Oh well, hopefully Harris can just keep pounding on those points the whole debate, and hold Chump up as every Rs wet dream and ask “what is wrong with our electorate, that they keep nominating the worst American, EVER, to lead their party?”

50 Likes

Oh, he’d just deny having done any of that - lies, lies, lies. And it’s not like they can roll tape during the debate.

He’s just a poor (well, not so poor), misunderstood guy who’s been taken out of context and has had his words twisted. He didn’t mean any of it, if he said it, he never said it, so how can he be responsible for it?

You know how that would go.

18 Likes

We’ll send it back to the states so that Ron Johnson can run it.

Who is a US Senator — even if he returned home to the Kremlin, that doesn’t make him a state official.

63 Likes

https://www.alternet.org/dick-cheney-harris-miller-wallace/

Ronald Reagan famously suggested at the United Nations that an external threat to the earth might bring adversaries together.

“Perhaps we need some outside universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world.”

Liz and Dick Cheney have endorsed Kamala Harris for President, putting an exclamation point on the fact that Donald Trump and Gang ARE now that “alien threat” that Reagan spoke of, not only to the United States, but to the security of the free world. It’s this threat to democracy that has Dick “Darth Vader” Cheney joining Kamala’s Rebel Alliance to block Trump’s fascist gang from taking control of our country and then aligning with Putin and Orban and other dark forces. Strange days indeed!

Darth Cheney has entered the scene
Wearing KAMALA gear in BRAT green
He’ll give polling a bump
Backing Harris, not Trump
Because there is no in-between

64 Likes

It’s not up to Biden and Harris to deny him legitimacy. The MSM has provided a foundation for TIFBG’s BS for ten years now. They’re not going to stop. They’ve ignored most of what he’s said, sanitized it for those that didn’t hear the original statement and made it seem like he’s completely in possession of his faculties.

No one cares that he’s indicted and convicted, or they’d note it every time his name came up.

Biden and Harris are shouting into the wind.

30 Likes

I was optimistic that Kamala could win PA without Josh Shapiro actually being on the ticket because Biden took the state in 2020 and because Shapiro’s popularity and oratorical skills should help solidify and increase support for the Democratic ticket.

I haven’t seen or read much about how Shapiro is campaigning for Harris/Walz so I’m in the dark about why the polls have stagnated for Democrats in PA. Has Shapiro not put in much effort up until now, or is his popularity not all that helpful to Harris/Walz? I hope he will do more than just show up on stage with them as they campaign in the state.

I still think we win PA and the presidency with a huge ground game and GOTV operation. But I feel I was wrong about how much a popular Democratic governor was going to help in PA.

This post is not meant as a slam on Josh Shapiro, more of a question of how the Harris/Walz campaign plans to utilize him in PA.

50 Likes

The fact that he did not misspell skullduggery is proof he did not write this.

81 Likes

As a senator, Ron Johnson could have more influence on education in Wisconsin if the federal Dept. of Education were not abolished.

49 Likes

grammar another proof, whole sentences… where is Steven Miller???

20 Likes

OK, then what is the use of doing or saying anything, ever?

3 Likes

You have to wonder if he talked to RonJon about this, or is it just more of his sewer-stream-of-unconsciousness.

25 Likes

Why the fuck is that asswipe pointing at me?

From cnn…

Trump warms up for debate by threatening to jail election officials

… … … …
I could be wrong but to my knowledge trump is an unrmployed loser at the moment.

65 Likes