Trump Wonders Why Press Talks About ‘COVID, COVID, COVID’ Amid Surge Of New Cases | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump early Tuesday doubled down on a false claim that the United States is “rounding the turn” in its efforts to curb the coronavirus pandemic, complaining of the overwhelming coverage of the pandemic by the press.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340679
1 Like

Does the corner we’re rounding happen to be next to a cliff?

24 Likes

News is news. Trump is living in an information bubble and has no real idea what is going on in the country.

One of my cousins in Western Kansas, a Fox News viewer and Trump supporter, was shocked to discover that one of her friends, an older man, is in intensive care after being moved to a distant hospital. Her small town hospital isn’t big enough to handle the cases.

The virus is spreading rapidly in 40 states. Lots of those states are red states. I suspect there will be a lot of Trump supporters who won’t vote because of fear of Covid.

19 Likes

How Trump views his responsibilities as US president.

20 Likes

“rounding the turn”, “swirling the bowl”, it’s all just a matter of perspective. Unskew the swirl!

16 Likes

"…one senior administration official told Politico of the recent clusters of the virus among White House staff, adding, “we supposedly work in one of the most secure places in the world.”

You all work in a cesspool. A fetid cluster of depraved people.

22 Likes

Why do I keep posting that Donnie is an orange, arrogant asshole?? Because it is true and worth reporting, as are COVID statistics.

5 Likes

And I wonder why the Press doesn’t say LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.

8 Likes

Death Panel?
I’ll show you a death panel.
All those hospitals in rural red states disabled because of the refusal to accept Medicaid
They are talking Triage You old people with low survival prospects
Please go home to die rather than take up Valuable space

21 Likes

Left unsaid about this 60 Minutes bail was he’d never have left were the interviewer a man. He’d have tried to bully and brazen his way through it somehow, turned it into a mano a mano showdown. When confronted with a strong, competent, intelligent woman he folds.

28 Likes

Wonder how Trump will do if he gets himself reinfected?

16 Likes

Death, death, death doesn’t have a much better ring to it.

4 Likes

Nope, it’s like an oval NASCAR race track. You’ve got three more corners to turn but they all turn left. And then you end up back where you started. Rinse and repeat.

9 Likes

Trump wishes he could dominate news cycles like a deadly pandemic. He’s just jealous.

26 Likes

I’m thinking trump got the clap a bunch of times.

“I mean, I got it and I’m here. We have great medicines and therapeutics. The first lady got it…you know who else got it? Barron.”

Yes, that was in bad taste, but I have had it with this guy. :angry:

8 Likes

Only slightly OT:
Maybe because places like Elkhart County, Indiana, are back to hot-spot status?
Thank you, Foxxers and Facebookers.
And the local Amish and Hispanic populations, neither of which will lay off the group socializing. Which is interesting in its own right, because although the Amish skew conservative (duh) the Hispanics mostly do not. They are both heavily represented in the RV industry, and both tend towards larger households. Only real overlap between the two groups are workplaces.
There’s a lot for some epidemiologists to unpack here. I know our state department of health is on it, but I can see years of useful studies ahead.

10 Likes

“rounding the turn”

Dear Mr. President,
One is always rounding the turn when spiraling down the drain.

– bankerpup

17 Likes

If there was any justice, he’d be on a vent right now.

3 Likes

It is a bubble of his own making. While people may feed him bull to ingratiate themselves, the fact is he makes up his mind what he wants to believe and proceeds to do so. No fact or truth remains unchallenged in his world if it is an inconvenience.

15 Likes

Good article from MI governor, who is a very articulate person.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available