Trump Wonders If Alleged Whitmer Kidnapping Plot Was Really A Problem After All | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump on Tuesday questioned the government’s case against a group of men accused of plotting to kidnap the governor of Michigan, saying at a rally that it might not have been a “problem” in the first place.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340881
1 Like

Jackass!!

13 Likes

When he talks about “my FBI” and “my DOJ” I want to throw up.
He’s like the No-Face in Miyazaki’s Spirited Away–a bloated glutton who is trying to eat the world. He inspires general feelings of nausea and revulsion.

46 Likes

Donald Trump believes there are fine people on only one side.

He is half right.

17 Likes

Wow, Ms. Whitmer is REALLY getting under his orange spray-painted skin.

Well played, Guv!

43 Likes

I hear inhaling gaslight is bad for your health so I’m wearing my mask: no more oxygen for Trumpisms. Sorry TPM, need to put up a wider range of articles.

17 Likes

Clearly, it was “economic anxiety”.

78 Likes

I know it’s raining in the photo, but it looks like birds hosed the podium with shit.

18 Likes

Or “masculine insufficiencies”?

22 Likes

It looks like he’s trying really hard to beat Hillary Clinton Gretchen Whitmer Joe Biden on Election Day.

9 Likes

He’s decompensating in the public square day after day after day. His kids need to stage an intervention. They could if they cared.

36 Likes

They’re afraid of the Freddy Jr. treatment…

15 Likes

So he’s taking personal credit and wants praise for the FBI doing it’s job?

13 Likes

“It was … my people … that helped her out."

I presume he’s referring to the FBI - who used to work for the entire (well, most of the) country.

12 Likes

Personal credit is what it is.

7 Likes

The Tangerine Mobster is still upset Whitmer thanked the FBI and not him?

Well she didn’t have a directory of White Trash golf courses. Otherwise she would’ve called him up and said, “What are you crying about NOW, Donnie?”

11 Likes

“And we’ll have to see if it’s a problem, right? People are entitled to say, ‘Maybe it was a problem, maybe it wasn’t,’” the President added.

Things have certainly changed since the days of the Central Park Five.

26 Likes

People are entitled to say the moon is made of green cheese…

1 Like

“Hey, I’m the one — It was our people that helped her out with her problem,” Trump told a rally in Lansing,

Donnie, by “our people” and “my people” aren’t you referring to the FBI and other Federal investigators? Aren’t you referring to the very people that your constantly malign, criticize, call out as corrupt and criminal, and threaten to fire? You are not helping them, You don’t give a shit about the very fine people of the FBI, DOJ, and other security agencies. The very same people who protect you and the citizens of this country, and who most specifically acted to protect Go. Whitmer.

And THAT is why Gov. Whitmer thanks them and NOT YOU!

17 Likes

When you see these towns, and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, ‘Please don’t be too nice,’" Trump told officers during a speech on Long Island. "Like, when you guys put somebody in the car, and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over – like, don’t hit their head, and they’ve just killed somebody, don’t hit their head – I said, 'You can take the hand away, OK?

Yes, Sir, Mr President.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available